Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Detour

So we had planned a trip up to my cabin in Idaho. The trip didn't go as planned but we still had fun. Ailee had been kind of sick, so I took her to the doctor the day we were going to leave. Turns out she had a sore throat. Her fever broke within the next day or so, so she got feeling better. 



A couple jobs in Utah called Kevin and wanted an interview with him. So instead of getting to Idaho on Saturday we wouldn't get there until the following Tuesday. Luckily We have awesome friends and family that we were able to stay and play with on our unexpected detour. 
We packed up and headed to Kevin's sister DeeAnn's house who lives in Roosevelt, Utah. Calum loved all the dinosaurs we saw on our car ride. We got there late. Calum and Ailee stayed up the latest they have ever stayed up. It was after midnight before we went to bed. Wild ones.
Kevin was pumped on his Fritter as big as his Face!

It was fun to spend a day in Roosevelt playing with cousins and running around the farm. 

Later that day we headed down to Salt Lake. I got to see my friend Kassi that I did UCA with. She is a the LDS hospital being treated for Leukemia. She is an amazing girl and I am so glad I got to see her and catch up. Of course I'm a loser and forgot to take a picture with her :( Kevin and the kiddos had fun at a nearby park while I visited with Kassi.

Next we went on a tour of the conference center. Calum was a wild man of course, trying to get in the fountains up on the roof. But it was really cool to get a tour. Kevin was very impressed with the garden on the top. Him and our tour guide (a forest grad from Utah State) had  a good time discussing the plants :)

All in all it was a good busy day in SLC. So random story, on our drive home from Utah we stopped in Grand Junction for Calum to go to the bathroom. Kevin took Calum into the stall and a guy on crutches went into the stall next to them. Calum says, "Who is that guy dad?" 
Kevin- "I don't know."
Calum- "Maybe it's.... President Monson." 
Bahahaha. So apparently President Monson was at the same gas station as us in Grand Junction. Haha. Where does this kid come up with these things? Haha.
Anywho, the next couple days we spent with Kevin's brother Randy's family. We had a good time playing Corn Hole, Block Party, and spending time at the Herriman Res.

Kevin even went and got himself some new suits.

We spent our last night in Utah at our friends Dave and RicAnn's house in Kaysville. It was so fun to see them. Their kiddos are so big. Calum and Ailee loved playing with them.

"Look Mom, I'm Dark Vader"

On Tuesday, Kevin had an interview in Ogden and a phone interview. 

From Ogden we drove 8 hours to my cabin near McCall, Idaho. The kids were troopers.

Calum liked whizzing on the side of the road. (He is not as close to this raging river as the picture makes him look.)

Ailee still likes putting stuff on her head. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment