After the ranch we stayed in Boise for about a week to play some more. We pulled into Boise Monday afternoon and went directly to my grandma's birthday party. Calum and Ailee did not want to get out of the hot tub. Calum is to brave and gave me a few heart attacks where I had to grab him out of the water. Needless to say, I hung out by the hot tub pretty much all night.
We did a lot of hanging out and loved every minute of it.
We got some new hand-me-downs :)
Rode golf carts
Played in Mamma and Papa's backyard.
Got some new accessories :)
Picked some potatoes
And went shopping.
Kelli and me wander The Village in Meridian. It's a pretty fun little area. And I have learned that I just need to give Calum a huge sucker for him to sit still while I shop. Haha.
He was even nice enough to share with Ailee :)
One day Kelli and me rode our bikes to the zoo. It was so fun. Calum of course loved it. My friend Tianna met us there, it was so fun catching up with her.
Can you spot Calum in the prarie dog exhibit. Haha.
"Hi I'm Mac the turtle"
He would not stop talking about the Komodo dragon. Haha.
My favorite was the butterfly exhibit. It was pretty fun to be in there and have them flying all around.
Ailee was pretty ready to be home and take a nap by the end of our outing. She kept trying to fall asleep on Calum's shoulder on our ride home. But Calum would move and she'd fall over. She was fairly happy though. But she as glad when she got home and was able to nap.
We passed this firefighter monument along the trail. I haven't ever seen it, since it was made after I moved. It was pretty awesome. Made me grateful for my dad and all the years of service and sacrifice that he gave, and that he was protected during his time as a firefighter.
And of course we ate lots of yummy food.
Kevin kept saying how he was so bored and missing us. But I don't believe him. He went golfing and to a Rockies game and a Rapids game and ate out. Seemed to me like he was living up the bachelor life. Haha.
On Saturday we set off to meet Kevin in Salt Lake. Not thirty minutes out of Boise Calum threw up all over himself, the car, the carseat. Basically everywhere. So I spent a solid 45 minutes trying to clean it up just off a random exit deserted exit. It was disgusting. Flies were everywhere. A car pulled off the exit and I got really nervous, so I called my parents and made them sit on the phone with me while I cleaned up Calum's vomit. It was eventful. The rest of the car ride was filled with a lingering smell of throw up. It was the worst. I was so glad Kevin was going to drive with us from Utah to Colorado.
Because of our delay, Kevin had to wait around at the airport. But we finally made it and were so glad to see him!
We went and met Darin and Darcie at sliding rock in Alpine. It was a weird little area and freezing cold. But it was pretty fun. My bruised tailbone wasn't a fan, but I grinned and bared it :)
We spent two nights with the Warren's.
Them drinking root beer out of teeny glasses. Haha.
Jumping on the tramp
We attempted to make macaroons.
Made stuff with modeling clay.
Love this double photo bomb. Haha
We swam
The babes tuckered out after swimming.

We Skateboarded
And other extreme sports :)
Snuggled. Look at all these girls just dying for a piece of the action. Haha.
Fixed stereos.
And basically just had a party. Can't you tell by the zebra print and the pink mohawk? (My niece, was watching Ailee while we packed up the car. Calum came and told me, "Ailee has a pink mohawk!" Ramey, my niece, was like, "I hope you don't mind." Haha. She used her hair chalk on Ailee. So Ailee had rocking hair the whole way home.
Ailee got a taste of a forward facing car seat when we drove down the street in Boise one day, and then again on our way home from Denver, cause Darcie gave us her car seat and that was the best way to pack all our stuff in.
She loved it. It reclines back way far so she was still able to sleep really well. Calum on the other hand had to be propped up with all sorts of pillows. Hahaha. But seriously, They slept the first four hours of our trip. Once we stopped and they woke up I swear Calum had to pee about every half hour the rest of the way home. It took us forever. Haha.
But we enjoyed the sights as always. And there was no throwing up, so that was a plus.
We made it home after all. And are now trying to get back into the swing.
So far so good I think. Kevin found a couple frogs at work so they are our new pets. Rippy and Tooty. The frogs I'm OK with. The live crickets that we have to feed them, I'm not as OK with. But I'm adjusting. So that was our vacation, we miss everyone already. It's so hard to leave when we have so much fun! But, back to real life and my cute family.

























































No comments:
Post a Comment