Thursday, July 24, 2014

Figuring It Out

Calum playing with his toys, "-Yoshi, you did a great job killing the bug today.
-Thank you."
He has been so fun playing pretend lately, it crack me up.
Him and Liam being bats. How do they come up with these things?

We went to a birthday party for our buddy Thomas. I looked over and Ailee was chowing down on basically an entire piece of cake that she found on the floor. Haha. She is all about eating stuff off the ground lately.

She couldn't get enough of the rocks and dirt when we went up to the Golden Farmers market. We played in the river and she was none stop putting the filth in her mouth!! Whhhhyyy??? Her dirty mug. Haha. And Calum enjoying his Ninja Turtle popsicle!

The water was freeeeezing. But that didn't stop these kids!


 Goofy kids in their "hide out"

Darcie competed in the National Weightlifting competition!! She's so awesome. She finished 20th and we were so glad we were able to watch her compete. She is seriously so awesome, we're so proud of her.

We went to the Speedway and had fun watching "Lightening McQueen." Haha. 
 

We got to check out the cars after and go out on the track. Calum loved it! He had way too many treats and was kind of being a wild man. Haha.

Ailee helping out around the house.
 

She always tries to put clothes on. She was so funny with this onesie. She would put it on her head and then play, when it fell off she would put it back on and keep on playing. Haha. This went on for a while. Haha.

 She was mad when I wouldn't give her the phone.

Calum fell asleep on the floor at 6pm one night. We debated waking him up or seeing if he would be down for the night. We decided to put him in bed. Ailee went down probably a half hour later. We were so excited to have the night off!!

 Too good to be true. Yup! They ended up waking up at 9pm!!!!! Ahhh. They were up for a while but we tried to make the best of it. Haha.

I went to dinner for a baby shower one night and Kevin took the kiddos bowling with the dads. Looks like they had fun. I guess it took Ailee a while to get used to all the loud noises there, but they gave her some french fries and she mellowed out. Haha

Future dentist. She is obsessed with everyones mouths and always tries to put her hands in and touch their teeth. Haha. 

Playing in their favorite spot.

This was how we found Calum one morning. Haha.

We were going to go swimming but decided to get in the tub instead. Haha. It was pretty hilarious. He was playing with a bug that he randomly named Rippy Toots, and it was making me laugh so hard every time he would say it. Calum thought it was pretty fun and now he asks me daily to get in the tub with him. Haha. 

Smoothie Stashes

 How cute is this girl?

I've been trying to not get frustrated with all the stuff that I need to get done and don't get accomplished on a day to day. I've been trying to play and let loose a little more. Am I perfect? No. Does the bathroom need to be cleaned? Yes. What about laundry and dishes and dinner? Yes, Yes, Yes. Does all this stuff overwhelm me and give me a headache? Yes. But did I get in the tub with my kids instead of cleaning the bathroom? Yes. Was it totally worth it? Yes. My point is, I realized I need to balance my life, enjoy my kids and stress less about all the things that need to get done. I complained to Kevin that I feel like I don't have this whole motherhood thing figured out. He laughed and said, "I bet if you ask any mother they wouldn't say they had motherhood figured out." Wise Kevin. That's why I love him. He keeps my head on straight and reminds me whats important. So here's to another week of trying to figure it out! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment