Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Bits and Pieces

So most weeks I write down little thoughts or things that happened in my day planner. This week I don't know what I was doing but I was not on top of it. Kind of the story of my life lately. I can't do it all. I try to, but usually at the end of the day it's hard to see what has been accomplished. Because I'll start doing the dishes then Ailee wakes up and I have to change her and her clothes, so I  have to wash them but on my way to the washing machine Calum asked me to make him some breakfast, then I realize I'm hungry, so I start to make myself some food, I sit down to eat, Calum wants me to turn on a show, I get up and see Ailee has found something on the ground to eat, so I hurry and pick up whatever it is, legos, play dough, cheerios, man I really need to vacuum, so I get that out, start moving the chairs so I can get under the table, Calum decided to climb up on the chairs and try to get some candy, I stop him, he does it again.. and again, so I put him in time out, meanwhile I realize I'm still hungry so I try to sit down and eat, by then Ailee is tired so I make her a bottle, and on and on for the rest of the day. Nothing really gets accomplished. Just bits and pieces here and there. But I am learning to be OK with it and realize that this is the life of a mom. So this was my week, pieced together. 
I know for sure that Kevin's birthday was this week. 32! We had some friends over for a game night and had a lot of fun.

The next day we got a babysitter and I took Kevin to the lake. We went paddle boarding for the first time ever and just spent time with each other. It was fabulous. Kevin and I want paddle boards now!


That night we met up with Mr and Mrs Mac and got some pie from our new friend The Long I Pie. Delish! We played at the park and then took Calum to pizza at the most kid friendly pizza place ever, Pizza Doodle! It has a play area which makes going out to eat with kids actually enjoyable for everyone. Haha.

The Sabbath looked like this, as usual. We were late to church, Ailee climbed a few rows behind us during sacrament, and I had to leave for a bit to take Ailee on a car ride to fall asleep. Seriously, a typical Sunday for the Foulger crew. 
My friend was complaining to her mom about going to church with little kids saying that she'd rather just stay home because she never gets to sit through a whole meeting and she usually is distracted and doesn't even get to hear the speakers. Her mother wisely told her that at this stage in life you go to set a good example for your kids. It's what you are asked to do and it will show your children that it is important to you so it will be important to them. 
I have to remind myself of that most Sundays when it would be so much easier just to stay at home instead of going to church.

I guess we didn't get enough pie Saturday night because we made some more on Sunday.

Calum spent a whole evening acting like Ailee. He didn't say anything but mamamama, he pretended to sleep in her crib and car seat and crawled everywhere. It was pretty entertaining.

 Had a little time to be crafty. Finished my wall hanging from my night with Bing! Pretty proud of it. My next one will be better, and the colors will coordinate a little better :) I also made a little Ailee dress. Thinking about selling these and trying to get everything situated so that I can actually do it. The question is will I have time to do it?? Probably not but hey we'll see.

 I watched my friends two little ones today they were so good but it made for a busy day! 

Multitasking

Calum got a handful of Cheerios and told Afton they were going on a date. Hahaha. I think I picked up popcorn and Cheerios off the floor most of the day. They were coloring with chalk on our balcony and next thing I knew they were covered in grease from our grill! Whoops!

 So there's the here and there of our week. Motherhood is hard work. In school or at work there's an end to the work day or projects or assignments to be completed or graded and you get that, few, I'm done feeling. You are never "done" with your work as a mom. There is always something you could be doing. With work or school you also get paychecks and grades and get to see the fruit of all your hard work. I see these cute faces every day but it's hard to see your progression and accomplishment with all your day to day tasks. It can be overwhelming and discouraging. Sometimes I need Kevin to remind me that I'm doing good and to give me that recognition and validation. So moms out there, if you're like me and feel like you're only getting bits and pieces done I want you to know you're doing good. Keep it up! It's hard work, but it is the most important work you could do. The end. Now here are some pictures of Calum's bum. 

Stars and Stripes must be Independence day soon... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment