Friday afternoon we welcomed the newest edition to our family. Miles Alan Foulger and we couldn't be more thrilled.
I was one day past my due date and went in to get induced. I was pretty nervous. I went in on my own with Calum and Ailee so I didn't have time to think about the whole process. But this time, I could not sleep the night before and was so excited but anxious too. My dad came over and helped Kevin give me a blessing the night before. I felt peace and knew that everything would go well. But it is still scary knowing what your body is going to have to go through.
The morning came and I woke up feeling pretty nauseous and unfortunately I had ran out of my nausea medicine. The nausea on top of the anticipation was kind of too much for me to handle. I was feeling really sick. Once they got me all checked in Dr Klomp came to see me and told the nurses they could give me some anti-nausea medicine. I felt so much better about life once that kicked in.
Dr Klomp had a surgery at 1230 so he didn't want to break my water cause he didn't want the baby to come when he was in the middle of his surgery. So he had me order some breakfast and told the nurses to start me on pitocin after I ate.
It was a pretty slow going day. They didn't start me on pitocin until 10am, and it was a pretty low dose. They would come in and bump it up every half hour or so. I could kind of feel the contractions but they weren't bad. Kevin and me just hung out and watched T.V. we basically just sat around waiting for Dr Klomp to get out of surgery. His surgery was delayed too so we weren't expecting him back until 3:30ish.
My contractions started getting stronger. My back was hurting me. Getting dressed that morning I swore I tweaked it, it had been bugging me for a few days. Turns out it was back labor. So they had me bounce around on this ball to try and take some pressure off my back.
I decided to get my epidural around 3pm. The contractions weren't unbearable, but I knew I wanted one anyway so I figured I'd get it before things got too crazy. My mom came to the hospital and hung out with me and Kevin. At 4 my water broke on its own and Dr Klomp still wasn't out of surgery! Luckily he came in a little before 4:30. I was at 8 centimeters and could feel the contractions pretty strongly. My back was killing with each contraction. At 5pm I was fully dilated and ready to push.
He was born at 5:09 pm. The babies head came out in one push. It was posterior (facing up, which is how Ailee was too). Dr Klomp pulled one arm out at a time, had the baby salute us, and said, "Since it's facing you you will get to tell us what the baby is." He pulled the baby up and we could see he was a boy!! So exciting. A big boy at that.
They gave him to me and let us love on him a bit before they took him and weighed him. He was a whopping 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 3/4 inches long.
Such a perfect little thing. I was starving, cause I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. So we got some food and got aquatinted with each other the rest of the evening.
We decided not to bring the kids to meet him til the next day because they had been playing hard all day long with cousins. The 26th is our nephew Maddox's birthday too. Both of my boys share birthdays with their cousins. Calum partied with the big boys all day in the 100+ weather.
My sister Kelli did come and snuggle him later that night though :)
The first night went about as expected. Kevin had gone home so it was just me and Miles. He did pretty good what with people coming to check on us at all hours :)
Kevin brought the kids down and they loved meeting their new brother.
They brought him this seahorse as a birthday present. They were pretty cute.
Ailee really liked him, and here are a million pictures to prove it :)
She missed us though and we got lots of snuggles from her.
Kevin and me spent the rest of the day just hanging out at the hospital. It was Kevin's birthday, he kind of got the shaft but wasn't too bugged about it :) Miles was the best birthday present ever he said.
They let us go home after 24 hours.
So he made it here!! And we love him so. We are just adjusting to life with one another. We are all pretty tired but are loving every minute of it :)
Skyping with family in Utah
Ailee just can't get enough. She says, "Baby" and holds her hands out cause she wants to hold him. And she is constantly kissing his head. The other day she was trying to give him knuckles. Haha.
He had his appointment with the pediatrician yesterday. The Doctor said he is looking great. He loved his pink pink skin and his weight. He told me I must make polar bear milk. Haha.
So glad he made it here safe and sound and that everything went so smoothly. Now excuse me I'm going to go snuggle my soft little baby some more :)






























No comments:
Post a Comment