Kevin went to Canada for 6 days for work and it was a bit rough here on the home front.
Kevin was mostly in meetings but some of the pictures he sent looked pretty dreamy.
Kevin left Sunday and the kids and I left Tuesday to go up to the Ranch for our family reunion. Packing with three kids was a little wild. Luckily my mom volunteered to drive up with me so that was helpful.
We got to the cabin and started to unload the car and Ailee went missing. It was horrible. I searched the house four times and then went into panic mode. There's a pool, a highway and a river all in very close proximity to the house. I checked all those places, ran and got the neighbor to help look, ran up the river all the while panicking more and more. We had left Calum and Miles in the house while me and my mom frantically searched for Ailee. After like 15 or 20 minutes Calum came out of the house shouting, "I found her." My mom heard and ran back to the house then yelled for me to come back. I think it was the longest 20 minutes of my life. She was in the house the whole time. We don't know where. She has ben hiding lately and thinks it's funny. So that must've been what she was doing. Seriously the worst thing ever. I don't think I've ever prayed so hard in my life. So grateful she is safe and that there was really nothing to worry about in the first place.
Needless to say that was kind of a cruddy start to our trip. I felt sick to my stomach for hours after and was ready to turn around and go home. I'm glad I didn't though because we had such a fun week.
Calum of course loved fishing
Eating treats and following the big boys around.
They both loved swimming, Calum was trying to swim without a jacket on and he was fearless. Such a crazy kid.
Ailee liked being a free bird.
And helping Papa out around the house.
We loved cousin time. Even if it was spent being naughty.
Miles loved all the snuggles.
So did Ailee
We went to a nearby lake that I had never been to, called Lost Reservoir. I think we were the only people on the lake. We rented some fun water toys and rode around in Papa's new boat, "The Benny Floyd." It was a really good day. Ailee saw a silver truck there and was pointing and saying "Da Da" it was super cute. Calum was in heaven fishing on the boat.
Kevin got to the Ranch Friday night and we were all so happy.
Kevin went and hiked up Hazard Creek and caught this big fish with his bare hands as well as getting a muscle up on some rings they set up.
We had a little back yard baseball game that lasted about 3 hours. It was really fun and I think everyone was involved at some point.
We hiked to Big Rock, played by the river at Sketchy land, tie dyed shirts, slack lined across the pool and got a few minor injuries.
Such a fun week. All of my siblings were there along with all these cheese ball cousins. Love them so and we love the Ranch.
so glad I went up, it was really nice having all the extra hands since Kevin was gone, and Calum and Ailee were in heaven.
Also Miles is officially one month!! Time flies when you have three kids. Haha.




























No comments:
Post a Comment