Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Full Hands and Hearts

People keep asking how I'm doing, how I'm feeling, how it is being a mother of three, how the kids are adjusting. So I thought I'd answer those questions. I'm feeling good, tired but other than that pretty great. The after pains were pretty bad this time around, they say they get worse with every kid, so that was kind of to be expected. Luckily Kevin was around to watch the kiddos when I was cramping really bad. But those have since gone away and now it's just the nursing that my body is trying to get used to. 
We are doing good though, I feel like the craziness of three kids hasn't really hit me yet cause we've had so much help from family and Kevin has been able to be around and help a lot. So that has been super nice. 
The kids just love and adore Miles. Ailee wants to see him and hold him constantly so that is really fun. Sometimes Ailee wants to be held at the same time as Miles. So our hands are definitely full but we are loving it.


Here she wanted me to wrap her in the blanket like Miles. Silly girl.

Love these snuggles

She refused to go down for a nap the other day and then fell asleep like this on the couch. I love her.

Having some quality girl time. Painting nails. She's the cutest and just sits there and lets me paint them. Then she will blow on them and say "pretty." 

Loving this cupcake.
 


Getting Creamie's at Mama's has been a regular request lately. 
 

Calum's just wild as ever. He said something the other day about how he was going to have a heart-a-ma-tack. I haven't seen him much this week he's been partying all week. He asks to play at Kelli's everyday. We had to tell him that he didn't need to go to Kelli's everyday. He didn't like that. My brother-in-law asked jokingly if he had a good home life, because I guess he really did not want to come home the other day. Who would want to come home though really? They have a bunch of kids to play with, a new puppy, chickens, nerd guns galore and a really fun water slide. Haha. It's like heaven for Calum. 
Calum also said "(he) wished (my mom and dad) could stay at our house forever, like at the Ranch" 
I'm glad he likes my family. Haha.

He does like us too. Even if we have to force him to stay home and hang out with us...I thought this stage wasn't supposed to come til teenage years...
 

Trying to unstop the water table with his shovel. Haha.

Miles is just sweet as ever. He loves to be held and is quite the bed hog :) He's a good little eater, and weighed 8 lbs 5 oz at his appointment yesterday.






We went to our friends the other night and had fun on their giant slip and slide.



 Hidden Springs does a little bike parade for The Fourth and the kids were pretty excited to be in it. So we decorated Calum and Kevin's bike and Ailee and me rode in Kelli's golf cart. It was a party.
 Ailee insisted on wearing this hat instead of her headband. Haha.


Miles rode in the golf cart for a block to my grandma's where he sat on the front porch with my parents for the rest of the parade. He was a trooper.



These girls had to march with their batons for a bit :)



Finley and Calum decided to ditch their bikes and ride on the golf cart right at the end.



The parade ended at a park and Calum made good use out of the water slide and mechanical bull :)

Kevin took Calum swimming, and then later took Ailee swimming. Then we all went to my brothers for a BBQ and fireworks. Ailee really liked their trampoline, eating chips and spraying kids with the hose. Haha. Calum could not wait to light of his green-ade. Miles and me hung out inside for most of the party.  He was seriously a rock star the whole day but had had it by the end of the night.




Kevin had the day off yesterday so he took the kiddos to the splash pad while I took Miles in for a check up.



I sure love these guys. They have been so great through all the craziness of a new baby and the holiday. I just can't get enough of them. So blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment