Sunday, September 29, 2013

I'm Late, I'm Late, For a Very Important Date!

Can I just admit something. I am not a very punctual person. This is a definite flaw that I have and that I constantly struggle with. The struggle to make it out the door on time has magnified greatly since baby girl has come along. The problem is even greater this week because we are attempting to potty train Calum as well. 


Basically my life is entirely consumed with feeding, clothing children (laundry), and taking Calum to the bathroom. CONSUMED! As a result, my house is in shambles and it takes me literally hours to get out the door. HOURS! I have been late to seriously everything I have had scheduled this week; a baby shower, 



(My friends are classy, Breakfast at Tiffany's, LBD required)



...two doctors appointments, church, 


a hike, (Nursing while hiking. Haha. I didn't want to make them wait any longer for me.)


 ...girls night,


a birthday party, (astronaut theme, that's a space helmet on his head, I couldn't get a picture of the front of it but it was pretty cute. Calum played on the playground with it on for like 10 minutes. Haha)


not to mention my visiting teaching appointment that I completely missed. I've been late to it all! It's madness. MADNESS! So I publicly apologize to all those who have waited for me this past week. I am trying my best and hope that I will be able to figure out life and whatnot and become the prompt person that I know must be somewhere inside of me. 
Calum is the biggest helper when I am trying to get out the door. He takes his shoes off


Doesn't listen. (He's driving his car on Ailee's head)



And wont get in his car seat. I actually made it out the door with like a half hour to spare the other day and thought I would take Calum to the park and let him run around before we went to my doctors appointment. The thirty minutes quickly dwindled to zero because he seriously would not get in his car seat and had a hay day just checking out the gadgets in the front seat. While he was playing FOUR BEES flew into the car! Or it might have been the same one coming in over and over. Either way we had to shoo them out. Scary. Then when I finally got Calum buckled and went to turn on the car, he had locked the steering wheel somehow and I couldn't turn my car on for like five minutes. Haha. Once the car did turn on my wipers, blinker and A/C were all going a million miles an hour. Haha. Late for the Doctors. Check.


I thought I would keep Calum entertained with finger paints while I got ready for church this morning. I did not think this plan through. The time I thought I was saving was really time lost because I ended up having to re-bathe Calum and clean up the whole kitchen. Haha. Calum was a little worried he was so messy. I think his face is cute :) Late for Church. Check!







With all this rushing around trying to get here and there, we have really enjoyed when we get to kick back and watch the Aggies,


...Feed the birds,




...Catch some crawdads,



...Play with our train,


...work on our kick-flips,



and snuggle.



(Ailee's telling Calum something funny)


Ailee is feeling awesome and is chubbin up quite nicely. On Monday she weighed 11 lbs 6 oz. My friend said her baby, who was born two weeks before Ailee, weighs a full two pounds less than her. Haha.



 Kevin said she looked like a snowman on his lap! :) 


Cutest snowman I ever saw! I love my chubby babies :)



 Wish I could just snuggle them all day long. But life's not that way. Always rushing to get somewhere. Speaking of, I better get going. There's a devotional in an hour, think I can make it on time? Better late than never? Right?

1 comment:

  1. I love this. You know this about me, the summer of the infamous late wake-ups... but I too am late to EVERYTHING. No matter what I do. It's realll annnoying. Such is motherhood.

    ReplyDelete