Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Big Brother

This was a pretty typical week for Calum. He went to the park, played with some friends (thanks to awesome ward friends who took him to give me a break!), refused to go to sleep almost every night, got a bloody nose from dancing into a wall, played a few rounds of t-ball everyday while talking non-stop about how he hit the moo-corn (unicorn) with the bat at Aimsley's party. Haha. He is still getting used to the big brother thing, but mostly he is rocking it.

We're all about safety, this week. Haha. Calum really wanted me to wear Kevin's helmet. Apparently I didn't put it on right because Calum came and arranged it on my head like so. Also Calum got this sweet helmet and goggles at Sniagrab. Kevin was pretty excited about it this year, he found some $25 ski's that he wont stop talking about :) He is constantly saying "Remember how I got $25 skis?" Haha. Apparently he is excited for winter or something. Me on the other hand, not so much. Summer don't go!!


Calum still hasn't learned what it means to be "soft" with the baby. Almost daily he tells me "I poked the baby in the eye mom." Ahhhh!! And whenever he sees me burping her he asks, "Can I hit her?" I can never leave her alone on my bed because Calum climbs up and starts belly flopping, being wild, and barely misses squashing Ailee by mere centimeters.  I think he gives me at least 5 mini heart attacks a day. I feel like I can't get anything done, because I am constantly having to protect Ailee from Calum. He means well and really does like her, he is just a wild man these days.


Calum dumped a large amount of pepper on our Salmon the other night when I wasn't looking. He tells me, "Mom! I put sauce on the ham!!" Me- "Oh, thanks buddy..." Him- "Your welcome!"  He is such a big helper. Haha. Luckily I was able to scoop most of it off before I cooked it :)


There is nothing out of reach of Calum these days. He can open doors, turn on lights, climb on counters. This means there is potential for him to get into everything. It's really fun. This was where he chose to sit while he watched tv. Later that day, I was nursing Ailee and Calum decided to climb up there and jump on us! What do I do?? He has quit listening to Kevin and me, and just does whatever he pleases. Not cool. It's the worst when I'm nursing though because he know I can't stop him from whatever he's doing, so he just continues to do it, ie. climbing on the back of the couch.


Everyone was snoozing in the car when we got home from the farmers market on Saturday, so I listened to Harry Potter :)


Kevin talked me into taking Ailee to church on Sunday. She did awesome, and slept most of the time. But having her around all those people still made me a little sweaty. Haha.



Calum is an awesome big brother and as always is keeping us busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment