Kevin and me surprised the kids with Mickey Mouse pancakes and Mickey Mouse outfits and told them we were headed to Disneyland. We decided to take our time getting down to California and visit some people along the way. The kids were amazing little travelers and we had the best time together as we braved the open road :)
We first stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Foulgers. The kids were asleep when we rolled in brut were excited to see them for a little bit in the morning.
We spent the day with my brother and sister and their kiddos. We caught up ate lunch and let the kids play. Ailee started crying outside. Darcie brought her in and nonchalantly said, "Ailee broke her leg." I was like whaaaaaat!!!!?!!?! There goes our trip! I'm never coming to Utah again, cause every time we come here someone breaks their leg!! Turns out Ailee had said that to Darcie so Darcie was quoting her. Don't do that Darcie! :)
Calum requested a picture of him and Jet like this. Haha
That night we had dinner with my long lost friend Nicole and her husband Matthew. I hadn't seen them since their wedding four years ago!
Ailee wanted in on the picture :)
We stayed the night at Kevin's sisters where we played volleyball and celebrated three different birthdays with three different desserts :)
The next morning we headed to Vegas to visit some other long lost friends of ours Beau and Jessica. We hadn't seen them since we lived in Logan, which was before Calum was born. It was so fun getting to hang out with them and watch our kids play so well. They ate every meal I think up in this little clubhouse. Haha.
Well, whoever would fit would.
Kevin and Beau went on two bike rides, one time they found snow, the other time they found a rattlesnake!! Yikes!
The kids had fun taking care of their horse.
And swimming in the pool
We got to go out on a double date. Which was super fun. We had some yummy Thai food then went downtown to get custard at Luv-it where we got to see some characters.
Sunday was pretty laid back minus the point on our walk where all these kids decided to pile on. Haha.
We made the mistake of leaving Vegas and driving to Los Angeles on Memorial day. Pretty sure all of California had gone to Vegas for the long weekend and were driving back. We heard it would be bad and would probably take us longer that usual, but the 4 hour trip took us 8 hours!!!!!!! Luckily the kids were amazing. We stopped twice for potty breaks and the gas stations were zoos. So that wasn't very much fun but we survived. We went to my friend Christina's that night, we stayed up chatting with her for a bit and she said something like, "Does being down here make you ever want to move down here?" I kind of laughed out loud. I was cursing California the whole drive down. And how I would never move there because of the traffic!
Here is Miles covered in pancake crumbs. He made lots of messes like this along the way :) We also called him our little pet Pterodactyl because he would happily screech all the time.
We'd say, "Oh no, there's a pterodactyl in our car." and Ailee or Calum would say, "I think I heard it!" Haha. We also Call Miles a vampire because of his fang teeth. So he was our little vampire pterodactyl :) Cutie.
We'd say, "Oh no, there's a pterodactyl in our car." and Ailee or Calum would say, "I think I heard it!" Haha. We also Call Miles a vampire because of his fang teeth. So he was our little vampire pterodactyl :) Cutie.
Calum was really hopping we would get to see Ham and Small's (from the Sandlot) houses while we were in California. Funny kid.



















No comments:
Post a Comment