Thursday, June 16, 2016

Gargles and Gorilla Bars

Back to real life... Well sort of. My sister came up with her girls, so we came home and intently started the party back up. We swam and swam and swam and played and played and played. 




Ailee had a rash, that got super bad one day when we were out swimming. And then Calum was wiped out on monday, I chalked it up to swimming, but he threw up Tuesday, slept that morning and then asked me, "Could you get me some food with protein in it? Do we have any eggs? Eggs have lots of protein." What a character. He seemed totally fin. However the next day he had a little bit of a rash too. I was convinced it was measles at one point since we had just went to Disneyland. Miles also got a little rash, but no one else was sick exempt Calum. It was a mystery. We had a bug. It went away quick. Hopefully it wasn't measles!! I don't want to be responsible for some sort of outbreak!


We've been swimming so much lately Calum has had swimming lessons pretty much everyday the last two weeks. And then Ailee begs for swimming lessons so we go to the pool and swim with her. We have been teaching her to float on her back and kick to the side of the pool and she is kind of starting to get the hang of it. I'll have to take a video. Such a cutie. We went swimming at my aunt Pam's for Cousin Swim Day. Calum kept calling her Pan, and when we pulled up Ailee said, "This isn't Peter Pans!"  Ailee jumped off the diving board and was telling everyone about every two minutes, "I can float!" Ailee is an animal in her, applepus (octopus) floaty. And she sure was pounding the melon-melon (watermelon). I told Calum he could have a treat when he at his food all gone. He came over pointed to his plate and told me his food was gone. I let him have a treat and later went to clear his plate. There was an upside down cup on the plate. When I picked up the plate the cup tipped over revealing the remains of his hotdog shoved inside. So clever, so naughty. Calum has been a little fish lately too. He is getting so good. He only has had a couple meltdowns at sim lessons and that was because he was sick the one day (I didn't know yet that he was sick), and the other time he was cold. He hates to be cold.

That meltdown was maybe partially my fault though. Calum got a new bike this week, a bigger one, so he no longer looks like a circus act riding his teeny bike. He's been wanting to ride the bike constantly, so he begged me to ride to swim lessons. Swim lessons is 1.8 miles from our house. I knew that would be a lot for him to ride there, swim for 45 minutes and then ride back. But I didn't listen to my better judgement. He rode there fine. But only lasted about 20 minutes into his lesson, and then he decided he was too cold and tired and wasn't getting back in. I waited until the lesson was over because I kept hoping he would get back in. He didn't. I had tried to bribe him saying we'd go get a treat if he finished his swimming lessons, so then when we left he was like, do I get a treat now?...... Umm, no. Ensue tantrum. I started riding away, he started following me and finally chilled out. He rode maybe half a mile before he sat down on the ground and told me he couldn't ride anymore. By now Miles is super tired and crabby, also it was dang hot out! So I put Calums bike on the back of the trailer as Calum shoved his way inside. I rode maybe another half mile before everyone in the trailer was crying. Ailee was kicking Calum telling him he was too big, Calum was retaliating and poor Miles just wanted a nap. Calum decided he'd rather ride his bike than be in such close quarters. So we rode home at a snails pace, but the good news is we made it home! And everyone had a nap! But yikes. The bike ride was torture and the swimming lesson was a bust. 

Here's the sweet new ride. Kevin got it for a steal at the Boise Bike Project.


 They built a little track in our neighborhood so we went and checked it out. It was perfect for Calum, he was loving it and its seriously right down the street.


Ailee just liked playing in the dirt.

Bikes all day.

My mom and me even took our activity day girls on a bike ride/progressive lunch through the neighborhood today!

Trying to get a picture of Miles sweet fangs before his two front teeth fully come in. Cute smiley boy.



 He's getting too big!

And a little too gangster. Haha.

 We went to my ten year class reunion. There was an adult event Friday night and then a family lunch thing on Saturday. It was so fun dressing up, catching up and busting a move with all my high school buddies. CHS 2006 Foreva! Haha.







They had a coloring contest at the lunch. Calum and Ailee both won the prized for their age groups and they were stoked.

 We did ourselves a little cherry picking on Saturday. My aunt and uncle have a giant cherry tree. We rode in a for real cherry picker to the tip top of the tree and picked a million cherries. We almost filled up our five gallon bucket and there were still billions more all over the tree. We had a blast. And have been eating good all week :)


 We've been pretty busy in spite of not having much to do. Calum has helped me model some bow ties. And Kevin's been riding around with dogs.

With all our to and fro the kids have been pounding the Gorilla Bars (granola bars) and spending lots of time in their gargles (goggles) and no one is complaining. 
I loved this quote I saw this week. 


There is so much fear hate in the world but there is more love. Look for the good and those giving Christlike service.  "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." "In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment