Sunday, June 12, 2016

Disneyland!!!!!!!!

We finally made it to Disneyland! Don't mind the million pictures. They are just too cute! 


Ailee decided to start sucking her thumb this trip! She's never done it until now!! Why??

 I even made Miles wear his teeny shirt. Even though it looked pretty goofy. Haha. 

We walked from the hotel to the park. We were hurrying to meet my cousin Kathy. I was barreling down the street with the stroller, Kevin and Calum were hot on my heels. We came to an intersection and when it was our turn to walk I told Kevin, "Grab Calum's hand." Kevin not looking reached down and grabbed the hand of the closest child too him (a little girl) and started pulling her across the street. The girls mom yelled, "Hey thats my kid!" Kevin realized his mistake, abruptly let go of the girl, apologized and found Calum. Meanwhile I was dying laughing because Kevin almost made off with someone else's kid! Perfect start to the day! Haha.
We spent our first day in California Adventure.
Cars Land was  a definite hit.


 


Lots of waiting meant lots of silly moments.


The Cars ride was super fun.

 Right after I took this picture I saw a sign that said not to climb on it. Whoops.

The Toy Story pop gun game was a hit. Miles even liked it.



  Calum was so brave. He went on all the rides he was able to. He was too short for Indiana Jones and the Screaming California coaster. He told us he loved them all except for the Tower of Terror. He  said he hated the Tower of Terror and that it hurt his feelings. He even asked us with a little whimper in his voice, "Why did it say, 'Say goodbye to the real world'?" I think the theatrics of it all were al little too creepy for him. 
Here he is on the Jumping Jelly Fish!

The  Tower of Terror


Ka-Chow

The kids all did so good. They would fall asleep in the stroller and wake up happy and ready to go.
We made good use of the stroller passes too. Kevin could take the kids and get a stroller pass and then I could take the kids again right away. So Calum went on most of the rides twice.  Lucky Dog.

 This dancing car ride was pretty cute. Kevin and me had fun going on all the little rides with the kids that we hadn't been on in years (or ever). 


 Calum loooooved Soaring Over California.

The kids had fun watching the play parade. The people on the Toy Story float were flipping round and round this bar. I was dizzy just watching. Pretty awesome.

 King Tritons Carousel. The animals they rode on were the cutest!


Snack break

They loved the giant ferris wheel

Ailee played in a fountain and got drenched.

Luckily I had an Elsa dress to change her into. Perfect timing to because we ate these giant corn dogs and then ran into Elsa and Anna. We lucked out, it was only like a 30 minute wait to see them. They were the only characters we stood in line to meet.

Ailee was the cutest, she walked right up and gave Elsa a big hug. I think she was a little star struck because she didn't say much the whole time we were in there.


This is what shy Ailee looks like. Cutie. We let Calum and her each pick out a toy. Of course Ailee wanted and Elsa Doll. 

Deep in Conversation




We ended the night by watching the water show then headed home. As we were leaving Calum shouted, "I love you Disneyland!!!"
The next day we did Disneyland. Kevin woke up and his hip was kind of sore from all the walking. We decided to take the shuttle to the park to spare his hip a little. Calum found this giant palm branch or something while we waited for the bus. Such a boy.

Headed to Disneyland!! Ailee said, "It's a nice day. It's a happy day!"


In fairytale heaven these two. Calum was telling Kevin and Ailee and me to come help him pull the sword out.





Calum loved Gadgets Coaster. Ailee said "I don't like this, I don't like this." The whole ride.





 Calum and me rode the Matterhorn while Kevin took the littles to a little play with Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

Calum did Jedi training. It was awesome! When we signed up they asked him a few questions making sure he wasn't too shy and that he could follow directions and he wouldn't be scared. Then the guy told Calum, "The force is strong with you." Calum was pumped. It was the best. 
When the show started they taught them how to use their lightsabers and "The Force." They used the force to raise up the Jedi Training Temple. Darth Vader, Kylo Wren and the Seventh Sister Sith came out of the training temple and the young Jedi's took turns fighting them. Calum fought the Seventh Sister Sith. He seemed a little start struck too, but he held his own and was pretty thrilled after. The whole rest of the day he was practicing his lightsaber moves and trying to move things using the force. What a little stud.









   I love him closing his eyes using the force :)


Going a little crazy waiting in line. Ailee kept running away too so that was fun.


Ailee kept smiling with her eyes closed. So I told her to open her eyes....

She opened her mouth...

So then I made bug eyes and said no your eyes. She made this face...

 Then we laughed and I got a real smile

and then a cheese.

The shade kind of ruined our photo op.

Look at her face!! Haha. She's hardcore.

Miles was loving all the rides he went on. Small World, Story Book Land, Nemo and Pirates of the Caribbean (where Ailee had an accident on Kevin! Ha)


Again these guys were awesome all day while we drug them all around.

Calum loved Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain Railroad.  He was so fun on all the rides. I sure love him.
We couldn't get good seats for the early parade. So we ate dinner, watched the fireworks and then headed over to get seats for the 10:45 parade!!!! Our kids were seriously troopers and the parade was amazing! 






I'm so glad we stayed. I maybe even teared up watching them watch the parade. They are the cutest. I am so grateful for my little family! I love them so much and am so glad I got to experience Disneyland with them at such a fun time in their lives. Everything was so magical. Thanks Kathy! We really are so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment