So I decided to bite the bullet and stick Ailee in undies on Sunday. I tried a month or two ago and it was a disaster. I got pull-ups last week just to have her practice pulling them down and getting on the toilet but she didn't like when they were wet and went through probably a million a day. I would also find dirty diapers everywhere. Like not just pee in them diapers. Gross. So Sunday I was sick of it, I put her in underwear and I'm excited to say it's been going great! She made it all through church, decided to pee in our neighbors driveway Sunday night, but since then has not had a single accident!! Hip hip hooray! She tells me when she needs to go or will go herself. She informed me earlier today that she "pooped on the potty and then flushed it." Haha. Hooray hooray hooray! When they are ready it just clicks. With Calum I set a timer on my phone and would take him every 30 minutes or so. Which was great, but he still had multiple accidents and I kind of just had to train me to take him. Haha. So I'm thrilled its clicking with Ailee. Thrilled.
This little backpack came in the pull-ups box so we had her earn it with successful potty trips. Honestly though she doesn't really care about the stickers or prizes she just goes like she's been doing it her whole life. Haha.
So proud of this little goon. Even though when she's about to do something naughty she says, "Don't look at me!"
Still asks for make up all the time and wants me to wear it too. Accidental matching shirts as well :)
Miles just keeps growing. Standing by himself here. He's 10 months today!! I'll have to get a picture of him tomorrow. Where is the time going??? He is a chow hound. Loves to eat, and never seems to be full (just like Calum was. Too funny)
Calum has been saying theeee funniest things lately. He seriously cracks me up with how smart he is. His comments and questions almost always catch me off guard. He is hilarious. He came in the other day and said, "Mom, our big bush outside has those bugs on it that eat it (aphids). We need to find some lady bugs to eat the bugs."
Seriously how does he know that?? It's stuff like that all the time. The other day he was playing, "Avengers" and knew all sorts of back story about them. Telling me about Voltron and the Hulk. He's a crack up. I need to be better about writing his comments down because he kills me.
The other day he put a mini bar of chocolate in one of his pretend frying pans and put it over our heating vent. When I found it the chocolate had partially melted. He told me he was making "chocolate stew." What a character.
Here he couldn't figure out how to get his church shirt off before putting on his super suit, so this was how he was playing. Also found these stuffed animals watching him use a small bucket to transfer items up and down the stairs.
And he loooooves Miles. "Hi Butty." He always say.
The other day I sat Miles (who is always starving) in his highchair to feed him but quickly got called away by a poopy diaper that was stuffed in the toilet. Miles was crying while I was cleaning up Ailee and the bathroom. I asked Calum to feed Miles a pouch of applesauce. I returned to find Calum feeding Miles a bowl of rice cereal that he'd mixed up all by himself. The were both so happy. What a good little helper. He really is the cutest.
Except when he does things like climb on the stroller and throw a big fit when I make him get off because I can't steer the stroller with all of them on it. Kid throws a mean tantrum, and conjures up giant, legit crocodile tears to back up his sobbing. I think he should be an actor. :)
So that was our week, somehow managed to finish up this little weave that my niece started a while back. Fun stuff.
Hoping this next week involves less poop and more comedic relief from Calum the genius/Avenger.












No comments:
Post a Comment