Calum got up to bear his testimony today. I was a little wary when he told me he wanted to go. He always likes to sneak up to the microphone during primary and say some sort of gibberish in it. He even managed to say some nonsense over the pulpit during the primary program last fall. So I took some convincing. I asked him what he was going to say, his answer sounded pretty good so I sent him up. He walked over and started pulling the step stool over (how did he even know to do that?). Some one from the bishopric helped him out. He pulled the mic down and started breathing loudly. My palms were sweaty, what was he going to say?!? Then he started, "I know the church is true." The heavy breathing in the microphone continued as he thought.... "I know the Holy Ghost...." More heavy breathing, almost like a he'd turned into Darth Vader...... "can help us." Then there was the breathing for kind what seemed like forever, I thought Kevin would hop up and get him, then he said, "and I know the Book of Mormon is true. In the name of Jesus Christ amen." He came back to his seat all reverently. He did so so awesome. How did he get so big? I was kind of frustrated at the kids the other day and Calum said a prayer before we ate lunch, he said, "Bless Miles to go to bed and Ailee to be nice." It was so sincere and just what I had been frustrated with. He really is such a sweetie.
He must have been paying attention during conference. How awesome was conference?? I love hearing a modern prophet and apostles telling us what the Lord wants us to know at this time. It is seriously so amazing. So amazing. The kids made some good comments, Calum said, "I'm not going to listen to Hatin (Satan). And Ailee was really concerned that President Uchtdorf's name was Poopdorf. When they would say his name she'd say , "Yucky, Poopdorf, thats gross." Haha. I tried a few things to keep the kids occupied and engaged. The first session they colored and did play dough. The second session I tried this game where they got to eat a treat whenever they heard a word. Calum sat and listened for about an hour and then he decided he was getting a bell ache. The next day he told me that that was a dumb game so we switched it up a bit. I gave them a penny every time they heard a word and I told them we could go get a prize at the dollar store the next day. They were pretty pumped to get to use their new piggy banks I found on clearance. Haha. Calum sat and put pennys in his jar for a while and then decided he wanted to try the treat version again :) He almost made it through the whole thing! We also had the traditional biscuits and gravy Sunday morning with the Ramey clan. Delish as ever.
During the priesthood session some of us girls took the kids to Camelsback park, they had fun hiking the hill and running around in the nice weather. Ailee swung on the swings for literally an hour. She kept bossing me around, letting me know when she was getting too low and insisting on Underdogs! Funny girl. She would slide forward in the swing like this. She was pretty hilarious. Miles on the other hand was not too sure about the swings. Afterwords we met up with the dads for ice cream cones at Fanci Freeze. It was a party.
Oh yes and we had to stop by G. Wilkers so the kids could buy Beanie Boos with money they found in their golden easter eggs.
Hiked up to the water tower Sunday afternoon. Ailee was pretty tired. She's been needing naps lately but I can't ever get her to go to sleep. So she has been having meltdowns on the reg.
Calum showed up wearing this so Maddox went up and changed. Calum was pumped. Such a fun older cousin. Calum looks up to them so much.
The rest of the week was a blur.
My brother came into town with his two boys and Calum had a ball playing with Jet.
He's been really into climbing trees, shooting arrows and making mud pies with his spit (ew)
Ailee still is pretty rough with Miles, she just loves him a little too rough. Haha. Poor kid. She pulls him and pushes him and tackles him, All the while telling him, "Good Boy. Good Boy." It's out of love, but let me tell you the poor kid puts up with a lot. And Ailees outfits are to die for lately. Haha.


Miles officially slept all night long! Hallelujah!
We road our bikes to my moms and to the park, Calum didn't want to ride home so all three kids were in the trailer. As I was buckling them in, Miles was crying, I was saying something to Ailee and trying to put the pacifier in Miles mouth but he wasn't taking it, I looked and I was actually trying to put it in Calums mouth, while Calums fighting me off saying, "Mom! Mom!" Calum and me laughed so hard.
Porch sittin
Miles somehow pried off this vent cover and then climbed in. Haha. I heard him whimpering and found him like this. I think he was a little concerned. Haha.
Friday night Mama and Papa took us out on the Pontoon. It was so fun. Calum and Ailee were in heaven, Miles did not love his life jacket even though this picture seems to tell a different story. Excited for lots more adventures on the boat this summer!
Date night, we went to a Steelheads game and as we were in line to buy tickets some guy came up to us, handed Kevin two tickets, said, "Here are your tickets." and then took off. I was only partially worried that he gave us his tickets because the mob was looking for him or something. Haha. But turns out he was just being a nice guy. So that was super cool. I told Kevin hockey is fun to watch because I have genuine concern for all the players. Haha.
Kevin dug a giant hole yesterday to fix a sprinkler leak. It was some hard work, but I think he really enjoyed being able to dig holes and fix sprinklers :) Calum and Ailee had fun watching/bugging him too.
We also cruised out to Payette for a wedding reception
Ailee and Calum both like to block your path and ask for the password, which is usually, "Ailee loves cookies, or Calum loves cookies." Just thought I'd let you know in case they ask you for the password sometime in the near future. I sure do love these monkeys.























No comments:
Post a Comment