Sunday, February 28, 2016

I Love to See the Temple, I'm Going There Today, Tomorrow and the Next Day

We headed down to Utah again! Our nephew was getting married. We accomplished quite a bit though during the trip. Kevin appeared in court for his accident, he had to pay some money for his "attempted skiing out of bounds" charge, but not a ton. Haha. Could have been worse, but it also could've been better (like if there was no charge at all). So Kevin's a hardened criminal now. :)
Kevin also had an appointment with his surgeon, said he's doing good and that Kevin could start walking on his leg now. So that's bueno. He still may end up having to get his hip replaced in the next year or so, but we're hoping that won't be the case. You'd think he's a gangster the way he limps. Haha
We went to the air museum in Ogden. The kids had fun, but I think the older boys (Keith and Kevin) had the most fun. Boys. Such boys.




 

Kevin and me went on a date to the Ogden temple Thursday, Friday we took the kids to the Provo Town Center Temple open house, and then Saturday we went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple for Nate and Tori's wedding. We must've been in Utah or something with all our temple visits :) We enjoyed all our temple visits. I'd just wished I would've been smarter and packed more than one church outfit for each of us since we literally had to wear them four days in a row. We did a lot of laundry :)



I got to briefly visit my sister, we folded socks and she showed me some of her sweet moves at the gym.
We stayed at the "Other" Foulgers. The kids liked seeing their Colorado buddies. And surprisingly Miles really liked their dog. Calum and Ailee both cried when they got around animals, but Miles was super intrigued. It was pretty funny.

Saturday was a blur of wedding festivities and a quick trip to Ikea :) Miles and Ailee partied a little too hard. :)

Ailee slept through most of the reception. Luckily she woke up just in time for bubbles.


All in all we had a good trip. Had some fun with cousins and even taught Ilene how to rip an apple in half with her bare hands!! 

Somewhere my kids picked up, "ups eeps" instead of oopsies. Its funny. Ailee also kept saying "What's that stink?" whenever they smelled something a little off. Kevin loves that they have sensitive noses like me. I just think Kevin's nose is broken because he never smells anything :)
My favorite conversation we had on the road however was Calum saying he couldn't wait to get home so he could fix Presley's little toy guitar and play it. 
We told him we had a guitar he could play and that maybe Uncle Bootchy could teach him a song. 
Calum replied, "Or maybe I could teach him, cause I'm kind of a natural." 
Bahaha. Apparently he got a little too much praise the other night when he was strumming the guitar at my parents. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment