Lots of times when I write these I don't really know where to start and so I just start typing and see where my random thoughts take me. There's always so much to include, the days blur together without many major events, only lots of little moments that make my heart so full of happiness. I don't want to forget any little moments, or leave them out because they are so small. I don't want to forget any of this! Life moves too quick and these babies grow too fast. I seriously don't want to leave anything out. I am so blessed.
I was telling Kevin the other night that the longer I live and the more people I meet I understand more and more how lucky I am. I have an ahhmazing family, who is so close and have taught me love and kindness through their actions and examples. I am convinced I couldn't have gotten better in-laws. They love me like I am one of them and never judge me for our differences.
I have learned so much from mine and Kevin's families. But what I am most grateful for is the testimony of my Savior that all these people have helped me develop! I love my Savior. I know that it is through his sacrifice and atonement that I am able to be washed clean from my sins. It is through him that I will be able to be resurrected. It is through him that I will be able to be with my amazing family forever. I am so grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the truth that has been shown me through it. It truly is his church once again restored on the earth. The guidance and commandments that the Lords prophets and apostles have given us and continue to give us are direct revelations from Christ himself. I know for myself because I have followed them, and they have helped me to be my happiest self. Jesus Christ is at the head of the church and I am so grateful for that. The gospel has been restored! Exactly how it was when Christ was on the earth! What an amazing thing. What an amazing blessing in my life!
I am so grateful for Easter and the opportunity we had to reflect on those blessings and show our gratitude to the Savior. Calum has been all about learning about Jesus. Reading books and doing the twelve easter egg activity daily. It's been fun. We all really have so much to be thankful for. If it wasn't for the Savior we would all be lost. We are all so indebted the Jesus Christ. I love how Nephi in the Book of Mormon explains the atonement and praises God for his goodness! One of my favorites.
6 For as adeath hath passed upon all men, to fulfil the mercifulbplan of the great Creator, there must needs be a power ofcresurrection, and the resurrection must needs come unto man by reason of the dfall; and the fall came by reason of etransgression; and because man became fallen they were fcut off from thegpresence of the Lord.
7 Wherefore, it must needs be an ainfinite batonement—save it should be an infinite atonement this corruption could not put on incorruption. Wherefore, the cfirst judgment which came upon man must needs have dremained to an endless duration. And if so, this flesh must have laid down to rot and to crumble to its mother earth, to rise no more.
8 O the awisdom of God, his bmercy and cgrace! For behold, if thedflesh should rise no more our spirits must become subject to that angel who efell from before the presence of the Eternal God, and became the fdevil, to rise no more.
9 And our spirits must have become alike unto him, and we become devils, bangels to a cdevil, to be dshut out from the presence of our God, and to remain with the father of elies, in misery, like unto himself; yea, to that being who fbeguiled our first parents, who gtransformeth himself nigh unto an hangel of light, and istirreth up the children of men unto jsecret combinations of murder and all manner of secret works of darkness.
10 O how great the agoodness of our God, who prepareth a way for our bescape from the grasp of this awful monster; yea, that monster, cdeath and dhell, which I call the death of the body, and also the death of the spirit. 2 Nephi 9:6-10
Really the entire chapter is so good and just talks about Christ and the resurrection and atonement. So that is where my thoughts led me today. Here are some cute pictures of my kids from our awesome Easter week.
Dying Easter Eggs
Two different Easter Egg Hunts. Calum was content with his 8 eggs he found. He opened them up and dumped the entire contents in his mouth like his was taking a shot. Haha. Kind of hilarious.
Easter Sunday. Calum found some treasures in his Easter Basket that was hidden inside his kitchen.
He also decided to erase the chalkboards at church... with his hands
He was pretty cute playing outside, and blowing dandelion fuzz.
Calum climbed in my bed the early the other morning. I told him to go back to bed. He then laid on my stomach, looks up at the ceiling and and tells me, "The sky's awake, so I'm awake, so I have to play!" Hahahahaha. Sooo do you think he's watched Frozen a lot lately or what? I was dying. Seriously went down just like this. What a ham.
I got in the shower while Ailee was napping and told Calum to come get me if she started crying. Ailee woke up a while after I got out of the shower. I got her out and went to feed her. Calum saw her and started FREAKING OUT! I thought he hurt himself, I couldn't understand what he was saying, he was seriously going crazy. I finally figured out he was saying, "I thought I was going to tell you when she woke up."..... What? How could I have prevented this. Haha. He was so mad. So mad. I think he cried for ten minutes and pouted for another half hour. I went in his room to talk to him and he told me to go away. How old is he??
Mr independent brushing his teeth and refusing any help from dad as usual. Cute boys.
Calum's latest hobby is tying things up. I find this jump rope wrapped around all sorts of things throughout the day. Gets a little dangerous though. Ailee found the rope and was holding onto it, and Calum suddenly grabbed it a ran around the corner. So Ailee got yanked forward and head dived into the wall. She was sad. (Yes, I was watching them) Mom of the year award I know.
Calum was still kind of sick this week. I tried to take him to the park, but he didn't want to get out of this pillow fort he made. So we just laid low again this week. Well besides all our Easter madness.
Handmade successes. Finners dress fits!! Hooray! And I made these bow ties for an auction at our church. Now I have a few requests for some more. Haha. I named them after Kevin and my grandpas. I thought it was so fun to get to display them like this.
Ailee is growing out of her clothes, so it was time to break out the next sized box of hand me downs! It's always fun to bust out a whole new wardrobe for baby girl. My sisters are so nice to share! This outfit is a 2T shirt and 18 month leggings. Hahaha. I think she's glad I'm not trying to squeeze her into her 3-6 month pants anymore.
Cute napping kids. I really wish Calum wouldn't nap but somedays he begs and begs to go to sleep and it's so hard not to give in! As a matter of fact. He's napping right now. I tried to wake him up, he looked at me square in the eye and punched me in the nose! I guess I would probably do the same thing if someone was trying to wake me up. He's going to be up past ten... uhg. What are ya gonna do? I guess I'm gonna get my blog done at least!
Feeding his animals cereal.
Calum got out of the tub and I told him to go get some lotion. He must have heard diaper ointment, because he came out with this smeared all over his bum!
Had lunch with Dad. The temple grounds are looking mighty fine, if I do say so myself. Good work Kevin.
Calum sniffing the flowers, then saying, " A A A CHOOO!" Silly boy.
Ailee's first bathroom selfie. Haha. We were just matching too good, I had to document.







































No comments:
Post a Comment