Wednesday, April 9, 2014

All By Myself

 Ailee has learned some new tricks this week. She is actually crawling now!! She is eating really good, and enjoying it. She likes to stand up if we set her up like that. 

This is my favorite though. She will prop herself up like this and sit there for a while. Haha. I think sometimes she doesn't know how to safely get back to the ground so I help her out. Haha. Little stinkbug. Makes me laugh.

I finished a couple more dresses this week. (While I was doing this Kevin was racing down the highway in our friends speedy BMW that he let him drive. He had the biggest grin when he got home. What is it with boys and cars?? I'll never know. Haha) This cute one for my niece and this one with the scalloped hem for miss Ailee. Too cute. I'm seriously addicted to making dresses I think. Like Kevin's addicted to speed :)
 

I think Ailee is in danger of being eaten by me. She is just so cute, I want to gobble her up!

This might be my new favorite picture. Messy hair and all. I love her.

I just can't get enough.
  

I think all the eating and crawling is helping her sleep. She has slept some good long stretches, and last night she slept the whole night! It was magical. 

Well magical except that we were up with Calum who has croup :( Yep, he's had a little cold for about a week but last night he was up barking. It was the worst. We got some medicine for him so hopefully that will help out. 
My friend sent Calum this book the other day...  Too fitting. Did she know that he is Mr. Independent these days? Haha.

He has to dress himself, buckle himself in the car, brush his own teeth and basically do everything for himself. It's pretty entertaining, and exhausting to let him be independent, but I think it's good for him. So we let him do it himself.
This is a classic out fit these days Basketball shorts and snow boots. I think he's just dressing for the weather, because it can't make up his mind either. It dumped snow on us five days ago and it's 75 today. So Calum's just being prepared I guess. Haha. What a good little boy scout he's going to make!

Calum has been saying the funniest things lately. He is good at introducing himself,  he told a lady the other day, "My name is Calum Foulger, my baby's name is Ailee, and my girls name is Mom." He likes talking to people, and always insists that we roll down his window if we ever go through the drive thru for food so he can say "Hi" to the worker.  Haha.

He plays with Ailee more which is so cute. He'll talk to her when we drive places and try to get her to calm down if she's crying by talking to her in a really hi voice and saying things like, "It's OK Aiy, Don't be scared, it's fun." 

I think it's funny the things he picks up from me and Kevin. He told Kevin at dinner the other day, "Chew up your food before you take another bite." If only he'd take his own advice! 

He also ran up to me the other day while I was feeding Ailee and tells me, "Mom, I need you to listen and not run away." Hmmm, sounds familiar. Haha.

So I got my butt in gear and have actually started working out this week. It's rough. Haha. But Calum was exercising with me the other day and said, "Mom, you forgot something." He then ran to the bathroom and came back with a headband for me. "Here, you need this to exercise." He tells me. "I need one too." He ran back to get one, but I think he got distracted because he didn't come back. Still funny.

He has the craziest imagination and does the funniest things sometimes. He layed out these two necklaces the other day and tells me, "Look mom, I made a decoration for Christmas. It's a head and a vegetable!" Then he comes out with his, pants, shirt and snow boots and lays them on the floor, and says "It's me mom." What a nut.

He also refused to get out of bed, played Mario Kart in his birthday suit and put on my mascara again. 

Calum and Kevin sure enjoyed the random snow day last week. Kevin used up his last ski pass on a beautiful bluebird day. 

And Calum took a few turns on a hill by our house too. Putting on his ski boots.

He also liked playing in the snow.

Eating snow cream and decorating cookies at our friends house.

But the real highlight of our week was getting to start the Easter season off right by getting to watch Conference!! 

We made yummy treats, stayed in our jammies all weekend listened to the Lords Prophet and Apostles. It was just what we needed. Such a good weekend, being counseled and reminded of the Lords love for us. If you didn't get a chance to watch it it's all online.

No comments:

Post a Comment