Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Singing a Song, Songing a Sing. Ladeedah!

So I'm pretty sure I confessed in a prior post about me singing songs all day everyday. My life is my own personal musical. Lots of times I change the words to songs on purpose to fit what I am doing at the moment. But then there are moments when I am singing the actual song and think I know the words  but turns out, I don't. My favorite was when I was sure the words to AC/DC's song were "You SHOULD BE all night long." I am pretty confident that this has happened to pretty much everyone. You are belting out the song and then someone (Kevin in this case) points out the words you are singing are in fact not the lyrics. Haha. I did this not once but twice yesterday. The first was the Zac Brown Band song and I was singing about them liking their chicken fries! Not an hour later I was singing that Carlos Santana wanted to Stop POLLUTING stop the shooting! Basically I'm an idiot. Haha. Kevin says that I'm not an idiot but that I'm just blonde :) He loves me! Haha. So I just had to share my blonde moment to the world and would like to know what lyrics you have messed up :) Because it's funny, also I want some validation that I am not the only airhead who confidently sings the wrong words to songs. 
Speaking of blonde moments... we were looking for a treat one night (because Kevin insists we have a treat every night). And I pulled out some mini graham crackers, mini mallows, and chocolate chips. In my head I was thinking, "This sounds like it would be good together." My plan was to eat it like trail mix. When Kevin saw what I had scrounged up out of the pantry he asked me if I was going to make s'mores. Not until he said that did it dawn on me why these three ingredients would go good together! S'mores of course! So we did just that, had ourselves some mini s'mores :)


We have started going to story time at the library. Calum loves books and kids so of course he loves going. We check out new books, which he loves to add to his own collection. He looks at his books for  probably an hour or more each day. As a result they are never on the book shelf, and I am constantly having to repair them (scotch tape has become my new best friend). It is kind of a pain when he rips them, but I figure that's why we have books, not to rip them, but to use them daily and wear them out. And he loves them! 


I got a new present this week. A dishwasher!! Mine has been broken the past couple weeks and doing dishes by hands has been the pits. I am so grateful to have a dishwasher again. I feel like I have my life back :)


 Fall is officially here. That means pumpkin pie, long sleeve shirts and football! It was finally cool enough to put this little vest on Calum, he was so cute in it, I couldn't stop taking pictures of him :)





Calum is getting so fun and playful. Here he is hiding in my closet and playing in the laundry basket with me.


Calum likes to cheer for his favorite sports teams and talk like it's his job. Our favorite thing he says right now is "Oh No!" I can't believe how fast he is picking up words. Pretty soon he'll be able to sing the wrong words to his favorite songs :) Like mother like son.


Or is it. like father like son :) Haha. Twinners.


No comments:

Post a Comment