Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sleeping Beauty

What a whirlwind this week has been. Sorry for the delay. Our weekend plans didn't go exactly to plan. Miles decided to get the Barfs thursday night, so Ailee and Calum went to Heather and Greg's trunk or treat with my mom. My mom almost talked me into going with Miles (he hadn't thrown up all day) so I threw on this lovely costume buckled Mile's into the carseat and he threw up again. Poor guy. Ailee wanted to wear my nieces Cinderella costume, she put it on at the party and no one got a picture of her. Bummer. But Calum was pretty pumped on his cobra ninja outfit. 




Miles laid around the house the next day. He had a little fever and was just tuckered out. He did try to plug in a phone charge into his belly button. He just kept trying to plug it in and it wasn't quite working. He is so cute.

My parents watched him while I took the kids to the Thueson's for soup and pumpkin carving. It was fun. We used a dremmel  to carve some of them. Kevin even showed up after a bit.
 

Miles was still not his old self on Sunday and finally got feeling better Monday. We had a fun halloween. We went trick or treating around our block, then went to Mammaw and Papa's for hotdogs. Then we trick or treated around their block. I think the kids actually had the most fun handing out candy. Cuties.
 I always want to do a family theme. I'm pretending that we did it this year. Just pretend the cobra ninja was Maleficants dragon, and that a duck was one of the forest animals in Sleeping Beauty. Haha. I did get my make up all on, and then Ailee told me she wanted to be Elsa, I was like.... no, you need to be sleeping beauty so mine and dad's costumes make sense. Haha. I finally convinced her. 

These goons were getting in our shot


Happy Halloween

I had to get the draws done this week as well as activity days, which didn't take too much planning because we took them to go see the BFG at the cheap theatre. I loved the book when I was little but kind of forgot about it. Ailee was a little scared but I think they liked it. It was a Whizpopper!

Calum didn't have school after Tuesday because of  parent teacher conferences. He was so excited to get to "spend time with me." He kept wanting snuggles and would give me butterfly and eskimo kisses. He really is the cutest. He also really wanted to me to copy out of this hunting book. Ha. I wrote my own note. I felt like I was on the little Rascals, "Dear Darla, I hate your stinkin guts."
His teacher said he's doing well academically. So thats good. He is still kind of a ninnymuggins though. But that was no shock to me. It did make me laugh though she said he wears his big snow coat in class. Haha. He refuses to wear anything but a t-shirt and shorts and his giant snow coat. What a spaz. He had some good comments this week. He was showing Ailee how to make root beer. They filled up a cup of water and then headed outside, Calum was telling her, "We just have to put roots in it." Haha. He also was telling Ailee who one the race, "I got one-th place and you got two-th place." Seems like it should work right? Ha. Last one, someone was asking him who his teacher was, "Mrs Winslow, and her sidekick is Mrs. S." (Mrs S is the class aid. haha)


They wanted a tub with their lifejackets on.

They "helped" me rake leave, by riding their bikes threw the piles I was making. Calum even went and grabbed a pile from the neighbors and threw it into our driveway. Took a while but they had fun. And actually were playing super well together. 

Ruby Richards was in town so she came to play. And my long lost friend Bree paid me a visit. It was so fun seeing her. I haven't seen her in over a decade!! Where does time go?!

I helped my friends little girl sew her own Halloween costume. She was a Shopkins doll. It turned out cute. Eva is quite the seamstress.


I painted these signs for my cousin Mieko's Glambash that she had on Saturday. I thought they turned out cute. Brought me back to my sign making days at good old CHS.

Friday we decided to drive out to Oregon to visit Kevin. I still can't believe he drives out there everyday!! He is my hero. The kids love being out on the farms, and they love spending time with their dad even more. They were in heaven.





Last night Kevin and I went paint balling with some other couples. We had way too much fun. Only a few welts today. Haha.



Cute boys in bed this morning.

This week didn't slow down, as you can tell by my awesome do. I am clearly no sleeping beauty. Ha. And now Calum seems to have a little fever. Darn it. But.... Kevin is pretty much done with harvest! Hip hip hooray!! So he'll be back to his usual schedule. We are all so happy to have him back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment