We loved having Grandma and Grandpa here this week! Calum and Ailee had a ball playing with them, and it was so nice having them help out around the house. They are the best. Seriously. I have the best in-laws.
They let us drag them to Big Al's
and to a "pop up" park at in a nearby greenhouse. It was fun pretending it was springtime in January.
Keith and Ilene watched our kids a bunch, they watched our kids while Kevin and me went on not one but two dates! It was his work "Christmas" party was this week :) We ate way too much food at a little Basque restaurant called Epi's. Might be the best place ever. Of course I took no pictures of us on either of our dates. I'm the worst.
They watched the kids each day I went to the gym. I'm so hardcore. Haha. My weights are so little you can't even see all 68 pounds of them behind the bars :)
They took the kids to the grocery store (no small feat) while I did Activity Days. Ilene couldn't figure out what Calum was asking for when he kept saying Joinks aka Drinks. And one of the girls moms said she swore she saw Ailee at Winco but thought it probably wasn't her because she didn't know the man she was with. Hahaha. I'm sure it was an adventure. And look how cute all these clothespin dolls turned out. Clever little girls.
We ate some yummy treats, the kids had Gatorade mustaches most of the week ;)
We made Footprints we to send into The Friend :) Love these cheeseballs.
Ailee put stickers all over the face place.
Grandpa could be found in this position at various times in the day :) I think it was from all our late nights partying and puzzling (Kevin even puzzled! Best day ever!)
We had such a good week. Ailee said some good prayers, "Thank you for Jesus, that he died for us. Bless mom, dad, Calum, Ailee and Miles."
Calum learned the tricks of motherhood, he kept asking me to lift him up on a half wall at my parents and I kept telling him no. He finally said, "I'm going to count to three and then you're going to lift me up. 1. 2. 3. Now lift me up!!!" It didn't work haha.
I also got some good snuggle time with Calum and he told me all about his day. It was kind of the best.
I'm so thankful for Keith and Ilene coming to help us out. We love them. We were all so sad to see them go.











No comments:
Post a Comment