A hurricane hit our gingerbread house.... It was me. Calum and Ailee helped too.
Calum and I had dentist appointments. Afterwards me and him took our freshly cleaned teeth to Starbucks to cover them with sugar. I had so much fun getting to spend one on one time with my little buddy. He really is so sweet and kind. I never want to forget how cute and happy he was guzzling his hot chocolate and thinking it was so funny eating the snowman's head, scarf and buttons. Cutie even asked if I wanted to try some of his cookie. It melted my heart. We need to do this more often. He's not Mr. Mischief all the time. I really do love him.
Calum does this throaty scoff all the time when he thinks things are funny. It makes me laugh. He also always wants this giant frog to come along on rides with us.
Calum had his preschool program at a retirement home the other day. He was pretty mad I made him wear jeans, but he was pretty dang cute.
We got a couple kid friendly nativity's this year. The kids like playing with them and setting them up. Calum and I sorted them all the other day. We had fun. I love getting to stay home with them. It really is such a blessing.
Ailee's been saying "My mommy" or "My Miles" or things like that all the time lately and then Calum and her get in arguments about whose mom I am.
This was their rocket ship they built the other day. We each had a seat, even Miles. We sang "We're going to Mars from the Backyardigans. I like their cheesy smiles at different times.
I came in the kitchen the other day to find Ailee eating all the chocolate out of the advent calendar. I found 10 hershey kiss wrappers!! Haha. She was pretty upset I made her quit eating them.
Ailee's my little hairdresser. She loves to brush my hair and always makes sure to tell me "It's not hurt." She's got some funny sayings lately. She always tells me, "I'm pretty. I'm a princess." But the other day she said, "You're a princess, and I'm the Queen. The Queen of Hearts." Haha.
She has been getting mad at me when I hum. She says, "Son't say hmm hmm mom." and grabs my mouth.
We got home the other day and she said, "It's my house! I love it!"
And she is always sure to tell us, "I'n not poopy, I'n just wet."
Poor Miles puts up with a lot around here. The kids are always dressing him up. Haha.
Miles is rolling everywhere. He even managed to get himself under our coffee table. He didn't mind too much. He's also thinking about sitting up but only for like half a second.
Some girls have been asking me to help them make growth charts. So we had a little get together and made a bunch of them this week. Some people are giving them as gifts. Pretty cute. I think they turned out good.
It snowed a bunch this week. Kevin had his first ski day. He went up to Bogus, it was cold brut he had fun despite diving headfirst and getting stuck briefly in the snow. He was pretty excited to try out this snow blower a neighbor gave to us. Haha.
We went and checked out Christmas lights for FHE. There was a video of Santa eating cookies at this house. He would stop and wave, and Ailee would wave back and say, "Hi Santa." It was pretty cute.
But the highlight of our week for sure was the nativity that our ward put on.
It was freezing and rainy/snowy. I felt bad for all of the actors. Miles did great and was snug in the stable just smiling away at everyone. He didn't sleep, but he was happy and seriously was just grinning at everybody. He's the cutest. So happy we got to have such a special reminder that Jesus truly is the reason for the season. Grateful to get to experience the story first hand. It really was special. And Miles was the cutest.

















No comments:
Post a Comment