Friday, October 2, 2015

Why Do Trees Have One Leg?

Calum has been asking some pretty great questions lately and he's also been working out his funny bone. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between a sincere question and one of his jokes.
Why didn't the cow look both ways?- Cause he didn't see a car coming.
Why didn't the vegetable go on a bush?- He got picked and eaten already.
Why do trees have one leg?------- (This was an actual question)
See it's hard to tell the difference. Haha. 
I asked if he was going to eat graham crackers for dinner the other night, "All day," he said. Haha.
He's been pretty sweet and has actually been listening lately which is really nice. I had to go to the store with all three kids and Calum was so awesome, he'd stay by me and ask if he could go look at certain things instead of just wandering off. Made me super happy. 
Calum plays pretty hard all the time and gets stinky. The other day Kevin asked him Why he smelled like a stinky boy and Calum quickly responded, "Because I farted."(He is such a boy!!)
Calum was telling his friend the all day about "(His) best friend Maddox." He loves Maddox and wants to be just like him. Haha. Super cute. And I like him perched on Kelli's bed watching TV. Haha.


Yep he's been pretty cute and fun lately, he really wanted to be in Miles' three month picture haha.

How is he three months already?? This kids is all smiles all the time. He's the best.

I think these boys all look alike. Not the Danimal monkey, the other three. :)



And then there's this girl. How did she become such a giant??

And she's so cute I can't even stand it!

Well except when she does naughty things like dumping the powdered sugar out...

And pulling all the clothes out (which she does that all the time). But this particular time Calum was making a "potion" in the yard with Finley, there were probably six pieces of bread ripped up into tiny pieces all over the yard, oh and they were soggy. It was disgusting. After we cleaned that up I came in to find her in the powdered sugar. Miles was screaming while I tried to quickly clean it up before the kids spread powdery particles all around the house. Finley and Calum came to the rescue, they calmed Miles down by talking to him and making faces at him til I was done. It was a pretty stressful ten minutes. Haha. 

Ailee really wanted to sleep in her big girl bed this week, I think she's slept in there four nights now, she only fell asleep on the ground once. Haha. Nap times in her bed are a bit more challenging cause she wants to play and can get out so I've had to lay with her a couple times. but she's doing good.

I also thought I'd try to potty train her this week. This did not go as smoothly, she wet 6 pairs of undies and didn't make it to the toilet once. I think we'll wait a while before we try that again. :)

I finished up my first ever cross stitch this week.

And we baby sat my sisters dog for an afternoon. The kids loved it even though his bark would make them cry from time to time. I however realized I'm not much of a dog person. Maybe when I don't have a baby thats so needy and that the dog doesn't want to jump on all the time I will be more open to the idea of dog ownership, but as of now Calum and Kevin's dream of having a dog may be post-poned for a while :)



Kevin went dirt biking with my brother and some buddies. They were gone All. Day. I'm not going to lie, I started to worry. Kevin made it seem like they were just going for a morning ride. My sister-in-law said they told her they'd be home around one. They had no cell service all day and didn't show up back at home til after four! I was sure someone died. Luckily they didn't but three of them fell off the trail (and tumbled about 20 feet down the hill) in the same spot. Dorks. Glad they all made it home safe and that they had a long fun day. Good little break for Kev before crazy harvest season starts up.



No comments:

Post a Comment