Harvest is in full swing. Poor Kevin has a cold though but he's toughing it out. He says they've harvested like 100 tons of beets or something crazy and they haven't even made a dent. My little beet farmer.
This smile gets me every time. Haha.
Hiking the hill after church. I'm cracking up, these days I've been buying Ailee size 3 clothes and Calum still wears some 3T stuff. Ailee is getting too big. Why are my kids getting so big!?
It's like I turn around
and my kids have grown up right before my eyes! Haha.
I've been loving hanging out with Calum during the Ailee and Miles nap time. He is seriously hilarious lately. A couple weeks ago he tried to pet this dog in our neighborhood and the dog barked at Calum and made him cry. I told him we don't pet random dogs, yada yada yada. So now "random" is his latest word but I don't think he quite gets what it means. "Is that a random dog? Maybe he's random" he says.
He also went off the other day how he wanted to go hunting. Then he got all choked up and said "but I don't want to shoot the birds.........cause then..... I won't get to hear them tweet." It was seriously the most hilarious cutest thing ever. Haha.
Mad scientist Calum. This was him making a potion.
Snuggling.
Making things with those iron together Perler/Pyssla bead things. And then sticking them up his nose. Yup. We were putting the beads on the board just hanging out when I saw him stick it in his nose. I was like "Nooooooooo....." But by then he'd shoved his finger out there frantically trying to get it out. I finally got him to stop, his nose was bleeding a bit. I tried to get him to blow it out but it wasn't working. It was really far up there. We started getting ready to take him in to see the doctor. I was talking to Kevin on the phone and Kevin and Calum both blew their noses at the same time and the bead came shooting out of Calum's nose. He was pretty proud of himself. He started dancing around saying "Wahoo! I'm OK! I'm OK! I blasted it out!" Seriously hilarious. I was so grateful for his innate boyness, that he was able to launch the bead out of his nose and halfway across the room. #snotrocketadaykeepthedoctoraway
Have I mentioned that we love living by cousins. The matching outfits from Grandma, funny conversations, trips to Cabelas, and naked escapes to the trampoline. It is always a party and my kids looooove their cousins.
Calum begged all week to go to Cabelas. Haha. Such a boy.
Ailee of course is a hoot and a half. What a nut. My favorite thing she did this week was when she was crying for me in her crib. I went upstairs and she was saying "A this" over and over. I couldn't figure out what she wanted. Finally I realized that she had stuffed her empty bottle down the front of her footy pajamas and couldn't get it out. She is seriously the best. She tells Miles, "ItsAhK, ItsAhK. Shh. Shh." She's too cute.
Had a lot of girls nights this week. Made caramel apples and crafted one night, went to dinner with my sister and sister-in-laws another night and then last night I went to this small shop/blogger/creatives networking meeting thing that focuses on Community over Competition. Basically just a way to support and help other people in that field. Pretty cool little thing. It's put on by The Rising Tide Society.
So that was my week. I'm still Crossfitting, I love my mom... She is hilarious. We were also supposed to carpool the other day and she decided she had to leave literally like a minute before I got to her house. Hyperpants.
Also I stared at this window for a solid 20 minutes the other day trying to will a spider out into the open so I could kill it. It was behind the blind and I could not get it, and I didn't dare leave it because then it would be in my house!! Haha. I even tried to call my dad to come kill it. He didn't answer. Haha. I kept trying and trying to kill it but every time I'd go to smack it it would hide in the crack where I couldn't see it. I still don't know if I killed it or if it just hid from me, but I had to pull myself away from the window. My dad suggested to use my vacuum next time to suck him out. He's a genius.






















No comments:
Post a Comment