Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Whiners Don't Skateboard

So remember how I said we all kind of had sore throats? Well turns out it was actually hand foot and mouth disease. So thats cool. It started out as a fever, then your get sores in your mouth and then if your lucky you get them on your feet and hands. Calum and Kevin caught it last weekend, Ailee got it Wednesday, and I wasn't feeling great all week but finally got the chills Friday night. No one really slept well and we basically all just moped around the whole week. 

Looking good in our "sick" threads

Some of our lovely symptoms.

We are on the mend but apparently it's super contagious. We seriously just stayed cooped up in the house and Kevin stayed home from work. I haven't left the house in a week. Last week it was because the babies were sick and now I'm sick so we are still home! And in all honesty I think we are going a little crazy... I mean how many Power Rangers episodes can one really watch?? (Which BTW Netflix has like 20 different series of Power Rangers, did anyone else know that all of these existed?) 
We've been trying not to complain too much because "Whiner's don't skateboard." At least thats what Kevin kept telling Calum the other day. Hahaha. It was making me laugh, and I think that should be our new family motto or something.
We tried to find things for the kids to do that wouldn't have any interaction with people. Haha. So Kevin took Calum out skateboarding a couple times,

biking,

and he rode his bike with Ailee and Calum to Hudson gardens and pumpkin patch on Saturday when I was feeling my worst. Came back with some cutie pictures.


Scavenger hunt






I was feeling more myself today so we raced cars on Calums track


And started teaching Calum his ABC's. He doesn't really know any of his letters yet, so I thought we'd spend a little time each day becoming familiar with a letter. He seemed to like it today, I had fun too :)


Ailee is becoming a wild woman. Her trying to sneak under a chair that is barricading her out of the kitchen.
 

She climbs on everything

And loves rocking on this bike.

I think Calum and her are going to be good buddies after all!

Ailee is getting so smart. In addition to signing "hello" she started signing "drink" and shakes her head when we tell her "no." Haha. My favorite thing though was when I was doing the dishes the other day and Calum was drinking something on the couch. Ailee was begging at Calum and trying to take his drink. My hands were in the sink and I just told her, "Ailee, leave Calum alone, you have a drink right over here." She stopped, looked right at me, then crawled over to her drink and started drinking it. It's weird to think that she actually understands me already. Haha. So fun watching them grow.
I had two giveaways this week with my shop. Thought I would share the fun graphics with ya'll. This first one was put on by another shop and she invited me to join. It was pretty successful.

And this one I am putting on right now. So if you want to know how to enter check out my Instagram.


 I'm having way too much fun with this shop business. Have I told you that already? Haha.
Anyway, just remember, suck it up. Whiners don't skateboard, alright? Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment