So we were all just getting back on our feet. Calum went to school Thursday and Friday, I went out for my friends birthday and then BAM, Ailee has a seizure and takes a ride in an ambulance to the ER.
So that was terrifying and I wasn't even there to witness it. I was with the missionaries teaching a lesson. When we were done one of the sisters phones rang, she handed it to me just as I read this text from Kevin,
"We're riding in the ambulance headed to littleton hospital. Ailee fell and got knocked out."
I told Kevin I was on my way. He told me that she was OK and that they just were getting into the room.
When I got there Ailee was mad, it was her bedtime and she was sick and tired of getting poked and what not. Also having a seizure, they told us, is like running a marathon. So she was way exhausted anyway. I snuggled her and it didn't take long for her to fall asleep.
They don't really know what happened. Ailee was sitting on the couch watching a show with Calum. Kevin stepped out of the room and when he came back she was on the ground shaking. He picked her up, and she was having a hard time breathing and was totally out of it. So she maybe fell off the couch and then started her seizure, or she maybe started convulsing on the couch and that made her fall off. We asked Calum, and his story changes every time. He wasn't a very reliable witness :)
The doctor said that falling off the couch onto the carpet isn't really a likely source for a seizure. They said usually it would be caused from a much higher fall onto something hard like cement. On the ambulance ride she had a low fever of like 99, and then at the hospital is was around 100. Again, the doctors said that usually seizures are accompanied by much higher fevers. But we did learn that seizures are actually fairly common in kids. And they aren't really as dangerous as they seem. So thats good.
Ailee woke up when we laid her down for her CT scan. They wrapped her up all snug, and she was actually still fairly tired so I just stroked her cheek and sung to her and she kind of dozed in and out which was perfect for the scan. It came back looking totally normal as did all of her blood work.
We gave her a blessing and a bottle and before too long she was acting like nothing even happened. She fell back asleep her fever went down and they let us go home.
Such a weird, freaky thing. Kevin is still traumatized from it, but she seems to be doing fine. So thats good. She has an EEG later this week to check her brain waves and we will be meeting with a neurologist in a couple weeks. So we will see what they say.
Calum was a trooper. The firemen showed up and helped Calum get his jammies on (because of course he was running around in his underwear), he sat perfectly still as they rode in the ambulance. The firemen held Calum's hand and walked into the EMT hangout in the hospital. They got Calum a snack and then brought him into the room. He got a coloring book and crayons, watched Kung Fu Panda and him and Ailee got some cute handmade pillows.
People are just so great. When I heard about all the people taking care of him while Kevin was busy with Ailee, it just makes me so grateful. So thanks everyone who made this horrible experience better for us. Im seriously so grateful. I don't even know you but I love you!
The same day as Ailees episode, our niece Brittany had brain surgery to remove a mass. Kevin's brother texted the family and told us something along the lines of "We've had enough of hospitals today. Everyone go to bed, say your prayers and go to bed."
Brittany is recovering well and they think they got it all. So grateful for all the blessings.
The rest of the week was fairly typical. We pushed our kids around in cardboard boxes.
Tore it up at the skatepark.
Played dress up for some free food. (Which Kevin says he is never doing again, because last year when they dressed up like pirates and went to Krispy Kreme Kevin ripped his toe nail off, also, I'm pretty sure it was the day that Ailee got to come home from the hospital from her fever last year, and then this year Ailee had her seizure.) Talk like a pirate day we blame you. Next year we aren't leaving our house! But they are cute little pirates. Yarr Matey.
Played at the Park.
Watched shows, (This is just before Ailee fell)
We went on walks,
Standing on her own. She has been for a few weeks, but I don't think I've gotten a picture.
Kevin's parents treated us to dinner, and Ailee couldn't get enough. Haha. I looooove her.
My cousin and her fam just moved out here to Denver, so we got together with them, played games, ate dinner, went swimming and they even let Calum take a ride in their Power Wheels. He was in heaven.
Calum tried out some new looks,
but he decided his favorite look is matching me and Ailee. (I accidentally dressed us all in the exact same color. Hahaha.)
I got my business cards in the mail
Yup, still just sewing away.
Fun Halloween Fabric. Muahahaha
How cute is this outfit. Ailee couldn't wait to put it on :)
I wish she would've posed for me this good outside in the better lighting, but I'll take what I can get. I love her and am so glad she is OK.
After all of that. Guess who woke up yesterday saying he felt sick, then puked and then was perfectly fine the rest of the day? This kid. Why does he do this?? He has seriously done this multiple times over the last year. What a weirdo. I guess if it's not one thing it's another, right? We'll see what next week brings. Hopefully nothing as eventful as this week. But if so, we're so glad to have the gospel of Jesus Christ and know of his love for us and that he truly has a plan for us.









































No comments:
Post a Comment