The other reason we went out to Utah was to spend some time with Kevin's mom and dad before they left on their mission to Tacoma Washington. They went into the MTC just this last Monday so we were glad we got to party with them all last week before they took off. And party we did.
We stopped at Kevin's brothers house on the way up to Ogden for a sushi party and Block Party. Claro.
Calum was his classic sweet/naughty self. He came and gave me and Ailee these flowers. Turns out her picked them from Stephanie's garden :) Whoops.
Foulger Party Day 1- Dinosaur Park
It wasn't any fun ;)
This kid dug for dinosaur bones twice in one week! Living the dream.
Foulger Party Day two- Met up with my parents for lunch. Had fun just hanging out, thinning the apricot tree and playing in the sandbox. And that night Keith and Ilene watched our babies so we could meet up with some friends for dinner and custard. Mmm.
Again, just the Van-Foulger's got a picture (and Treagan) all of our other friends are too ugly to take pictures with ;) Hahaha. Just kidding everyone you are all babes.
Day 3- I kind of got the day off. I have no idea when this has happened last and it was pretty amazing. Kevin and the kiddos hung out at grandma and grandpas and I drove to Salt lake to meet up with some long lost friends. I got to see my cousins new baby, my cute friend Cori and her baby who I've never seen, go shopping with my friend Carly who lives in North Dakota and meet up with my sisters for some shopping, family history and dinner at city creek. It was a good break. Did I miss my babies and not know what to do with myself without them? Yes. But it was a good break.
Meanwhile back at Grandma's... Kevin sends me a picture message about 40 minutes into my little hiatus,
"We're doing pretty good Calum fell and scraped his head and knee and Ailee head dove off the bed, luckily she landed on Calum's mattress."
You never know what you're gonna get with these crazies. No worries they survived
They got some Zeppe's
And had a lesson in scouting
Foulger Party Day 4- Kevin goes golfing with his buddies.
We spontaneously decided to hike Waterfall Canyon. It was so pretty, but sooooo steep! Especially carrying these two yahoos.
This nugget fell asleep :)
It took us a lot longer than we'd anticipated. We hurried home and met up with some friends for a BBQ. Again somehow we did not get pictures with them!!! So lame. But these hawaiian shaved ices were pretty delicious. These are smalls. Seriously Denver get with it all ready and someone open a snow shack! I'm not even teasing, if we end up staying here we are opening one. Enough is enough and I mean it.
Foulger Party Day 5-Kevin went biking with Randy, and we hung out outside all day eating nasty Jelly Beans, playing basketball, slack lining, kick ball. You name it. We played so hard that Calum came to me at 7:30 begging to go to bed. Haha.
These two had a ball playing in this hammock and drinking water out of these mugs. Haha. It's the simple things :) Too cute.
Keith and Ilene bore their testimonies to us that night. They are just so awesome. Such great examples to us. So excited for them! We are going to miss them tons, but are so glad that they are staying close and that we can call and Skype and keep in touch. Love you Elder and Sister Foulger! Thanks for letting us play with you all week long!
We always debate which way to drive I-70 or I-80. We took 70 on the way out and 80 on the way home. Very different landscapes but both so pretty in their own way. Colorado, those mountains...
Wyoming, that sky...
Kevin and me decided that usually when our trips are over we are ready to come home. But not this time. We were so sad to leave all our family and friends. We had so much fun with everyone and wish we lived closer. Calum has been asking everyday, "Can we go back to Utah?" I asked him what his favorite part of Utah was. "Eva," he said without hesitation. Hahaha.
The only downfall to the week was that Calum peed right in front of the entrance to Kneaders, on top of a playground, on a bush outside of Pei Wei that was right next to State street, outside at the Dinosaur park, and POOPED outside at Kevin's parents house!!!!!!!!!! I can't turn my back for a second or he's got his pants down and is "going" somewhere he shouldn't. Buh. Some peoples kids.This is the tell tale sign that he's just gone somewhere, his shirt is tucked into his drawers. What a nut.
And to finish up this album of pictures from our trip, here are some of Ailee girl that I just couldn't leave out. She really is the cutest isn't she?
Until next time Utah! See you in Washington Grandma and Grandpa Foulger!









































































It was so fun seeing you! I'm still sad our kids didn't get to cause chaos together, but then again, it was pretty nice not having our kids cause chaos together! Hahaha. Come back and see me again soon!!
ReplyDelete