Friday, June 13, 2014

Crossfit Regionals

Mamma and Papa left Denver, and we weren't far behind.We followed them out to Utah to watch my sister Darcie compete in the Southwest Crossfit Regionals. We left Thursday after work so we could watch Friday mornings event. And let me tell you it was amazing! Darcie is amazing! Lets be real. This was her second year in a row qualifying for regionals which is a feat in itself. They only take the top 48 girls out of FIVE states!!!!! So basically she's a baller. She ended up finishing 20th overall! It was so fun to get to be there and support her. I cannot believe how strong she is and the things she can do. It seriously blew my mind! She's awesome. I stole these pictures from her husband Darin Warren, so he gets the credit for these awesome shots.

Isn't she cute??

Yeah the 140 means pounds. She's about to throw it over her head like it ain't no thang.

That is a no legged rope climb she is doing... what?? How is that even possible? And she had to do it a bunch of times.

Calum and me getting into cross fit. (side note: I went to crossfit with my sisters one day after all this. The workout was 12 minutes long and I lifted a mere 35 pounds and was sore for like three days after. It was amazing.) Calum kept talking about how he was watching Darcie work out, and how she was lifting the weights (as he pretended to do it, or flex his muscles).

This event was the funnest, because she won her heat!! And got fourth overall! What?

It was awesome. She did awesome. I just had to brag a bit about my fabulous sister. Oh and did I mention she has 6 kids! Yup. The announcer kept talking about how Darc is such a rockstar and that she's got, "Not 1, not 2, not 3,4,5 but 6 kids." They came one day to cheer her on and it was pretty cute. They had "Darcie's Kid" written on their arms. It was to dang cute. I loved hearing them yell, "Go Mom!" It warmed my heart. Pretty sure it brought a few of us to tears. 

Ashley's face kills me here.

It was pretty loud, Calum didn't love it so much the first day, but we bought some earplugs and when his cousins came of course they had a ball. In between events they would go play out in/by Mamma and Papa's camper aka The Fox Den.

A little red light green light action

Wouldn't you know it, Ailee even gave me my first ever bloody nose.

Life as a cross fit child. Haha. Falling asleep amidst the loud music and screaming.

She wasn't the only one who fell asleep :) I guess those ear plugs were a good investment. Haha

Anyway, I'm just so proud of my sister. She always has been a rock star, but it was just fun to see her showcase her amazing talents. What a tough lady. One of the women that I definitely look up to. Also she just qualified for the national weightlifting competition and broke a Utah state weightlifting record last week.... again, What?? Who is this girl?? I swear she is Wonder Woman
Anyway, love you Darc! So glad we could come out :)

The bonus was that most of my family came down to watch Darcie too, so I got to see all but one of my siblings. It was so fun. We partied it up.

I think Ailee was a hit!

Spent a lot of time being lazy outside.



The little girls loved their dressed and put them on the second I gave them to them! Haha. So that was pretty fun. Such cuties.

We also got to spend a little time with some long lost friends. Of course we only got pictures with the  Van-Foulgers because they are kind of camera hogs like that ;)

Yup, definitely summertime. Busted out the block party a few different times whilst in the Beehive State.

Kiddos had a ball of course. I think Ailee's favorite part was when she woke me up by pooting on my face. Why good morning to you too, Aiy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment