Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tea and Medicine

 I had my 12 week appointment this week and got an ultrasound that I wasn't expecting. The technician that gave me the ultrasound was my friend Kristin. I knew she was an ultrasound tech but I didn't know she worked at my doctors office. She is only there one day a week so it was pretty lucky that that was the day I went in :) So we chatted it up. (She's pregnant too!) She did guess at what the gender was but I think I'll keep that to myself for now :) It is so crazy that they can get such good images already!! The baby is only like 2 inches long but it looks and moves around as if it were nine months! So crazy. It was fun to see the little babes and realize that all my morning sickness will pay off :) Speaking of which the doctor started me taking a anti-nausea medicine and it is helping me so much! Why didn't I do this before?? I am a whole new person! Thank goodness for modern medicine.


My good friend had a birthday this week and we celebrated with a tea party! It was super fun and way too cute. The host, Ashley, outdid herself. We kept asking how we could help and she'd say, oh I'm not really doing much for it. But she lied. I mean serious, look at this. Handmade place cards, china, doilies, fresh flowers, hand dyed napkins and table cloth?? Seriously makes me never want to throw a party again... I just can't compete :)

 


At least she let us bring the food. Which was all divine!


Thanks Lexy for having a birthday so I could live out my childhood dream and actually attend a tea party! :) Cute party for a cute girl.


 And lets be honest... I had way too much fun. The night before I was up gluing flowers to my hat, making broaches and trying on outfits. I get into parties :)




Ok, ok. My friends are cute. The party was way cute, but this kid is way cuter. And we all know he's the real reason you read at my blog. :) So I'll get on with bragging about my cute kid.
He is obsessed with my phone these days! He knows how to navigate it and find his games he plays. He seriously can't get enough. I have started hiding it, because if I get it out for anything and he sees it he starts trying to take it from me so he can play his games. Even when we call people he usually likes to talk to, dad, grandma etc. He starts trying to find games on the phone. He's kind of a punk. And has started throwing temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. So that's a new adventure for us.


When he's not being a gamer or being naughty he is usually pretty funny. My favorite things he's been doing lately is coming into a room and saying "Hi Mom, or Hi Dad" It's super cute. The other day Kevin was holding him and I was walking ahead of them and he calls after me "You get back here!" Hahaha. Cause of course that's what we say when we chase him around the house. :) He also likes playing catch with a football he insisted I buy at the dollar store. He'll throw it and say "Touchdown Aggies!" Love him. He's seriously so funny and is getting way too big! The other day he started singing "Head, shoulders, knees and toes." and another time, "If your happy and you know it clap your hands." Kevin and I had no idea he knew those songs! He must have learned them in nursery, but it's so funny when he starts singing them out of nowhere. What a kook!


And in case you're wondering... I did finish my rag rug :)


No comments:

Post a Comment