I got to go on a fun girls trip this weekend to Swan Valley, ID and Jackson Hole. The kids were pretty sad I was leaving and wanted to take a picture with me before we left. Haha.
We're off!
We stayed in this in my friends sisters awesome cabin in Swan Valley
The first day we hiked up the wildflower trail at the Jackson Hole ski resort. It was 7.4 miles up and 4000 feet elevation gain. We had so much fun with each other and taken pictures all along the way.
Just hanging out :)
We took all sorts of funny pictures along the way.
We stopped at the lodge 4 miles up for a little lunch, yoga and handstands. The people thought we were crazy. Haha.
1.
2.
3.
4.
We did rest a little bit.
We're headed way up there!
Billy Goats
We did it! View from the top! It was such a gorgeous hike!! It just kept getting prettier and prettier as we went up. Such a fun day!
We rode the tram down the mountain. It was fun to see another view of the mountain!
That's where we went! Way up there at the top!
We had a nice relaxing evening. We soaked in the hot tub for 2 hours!! (The things you can do without kids!) We went back to the cabin danced around, did our nails and face masks all while wearing matching three dollar leggings we scored at Walmart. Haha. Looking so good.
The next day we hung out in Jackson Hole. We went to the farmers market, ate yummy food and checked out the shops. We ran around there all day. We were saying that with kids we would not have been as stoked to go back and forth all day. But without kids it was no big deal. It was seriously such nice break.
A few different people asked if Kelli and me were twins. Haha. We decided our outfits probably weren't helping!
Right after we took that picture I saw these earrings and it made me laugh. We're sisters, not twins :)
We were dying at these signs! They were so fitting because we researched the squatty potty and talked about Calum sitting on the toilet like this. Then there were signs. People other than Calum actually do this apparently!
The drive back and forth form Swan Valley to Jackson Hole was not pretty at all.
That night we went four wheeling, checked out horses and took more silly pictures. We ate at the one and only cafe, which was surprisingly delicious.
If you know me, you know I had to keep my distance from these horses. I had a Claritan in me, didn't touch them and still was all itchy and sneezy. But don't worry I surprised.
I felt pretty genius about my awesome face covering.
The Buttercream Gang
After dinner we spent a while trying to fix a hot tub cover in the dark. Getting spooked by things in the bushes and Tawni holding an oar yelling, "I'll Kill You!" at the bushes. It was pretty hilarious bonding going on.
The next morning we visited the Ranger Station where Keith and Ilene used to live. Look at this cute little place.
We had such a fabulous weekend!!! It was the perfect place with the perfect gals! We were so sad to leave but excited to be reunited with our families.
Calum was pretty excited I finished his cross stitch and brought him a sucker with a worm in it!
The kids had fun without me. Kevin was brave and took them to the fair!! He's crazy! But they did awesome!
I love these cute kids but it was soooo nice to have a little break. But it's soooo nice to be back with them. I really to love them to pieces. I love all their quirks and personalities. They are the best.
There's this crazy fire just north of us and we'll get glimpses of it when the sky is clear. Isn't this crazy!!
Calum has had a few power struggles at Kindergarten, church and home lately. He is so strong willed it's crazy. I have been reading scriptures and praying about what to do. I had a talk with my mom yesterday and she said how being so strong willed is a blessing in the long run because he will be driven and not let people push him around. I kind of had this panic moment of how to channel all that energy for good and the weight of raising children and the responsibility that is on my shoulders. I talked to Kevin, said some more prayers and realized all I can do is love him, to my best to teach him and pray for the spirit. Calum and me had a good chat and his teacher said he did awesome today. Hopefully that will be a regular thing. Being a mom is hard. Glad for good friends and family to help along the way. It takes a village right?






























No comments:
Post a Comment