Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Last Week of Summer!

Had one last week of fun in the sun before school started today! Lots of swimming, Ailee is swimming so awesome these days. She likes to swim around without her floaty. She's pretty cautious but she seriously had been doing so great. I am in love with Ailee's freckles and I swear she smells  like watermelon. I thought it was just cause she'd been eating a lot of watermelon but she hasn't had any lately and I swear she still smells like it. Love her.

Even when she's naughty and sucks her thumb like Finley.  She's just too cute.


 Calum is naughty sometimes too. He got in trouble at church and my grandma spotted him sitting in the back saying, "Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad. Bad, Bad, Bad. Bad, Bad."  Should I be worried??
I was so happy our good friends Trevor and Megan decided to stop off in Boise on the way to the Oregon coast to say hi to us. It's been way too long since we'd seen our Colorado friends. We sure love these guys. Sloane and Miles really hit it off. She even picked one of his boogers for him!! 


Miles is sooooo messy these days. He wants to feed himself so of course he is always just covered in food. He has been getting more and more brave lately and taking more steps. It's only a matter of time before he's running around like a wild child with the other crazies. I found him trying to put on shoes the other day. He's so cute.

 I was so tired one day when Kevin got home so he took the kids on a little walk and I took a nap! It was glorious. I feel like I've been so tired this week. Maybe its all the late nights and business finally catching up to me.I'm sure glad to get back to school and a routine.

Skim over this next picture Ilene...This snake was eating a frog on the side of our house. The boys thought it was awesome. I felt bad for the frog.

We went boating up at Black Canyon with the whole Boise familia. We had a good time. We paddle boarded, Kevin showed us what was up on the surf board. And my whole family went out on the tube. We took it pretty slow with Miles and Ailee, but when Calum went with the big boys he was wild. He would dangle his feet off the back and pretend he was running on water like Dash from the incredibles. He even decided to jump off the tube while we were going. The kid is a nut. The kids were calling the tube the jungle cruise. It was pretty funny. Miles actually tolerated the life jacket this time so that was good :) 








  When Kevin went to Poke in Jello (Pocatello) last week he tried to get together with our college friend Jared, turns out he lives in Nampa. What?! So we got our families together for a little barbecue  on Saturday. It was so fun to catch up.

Saturday was the last day our neighborhood snow shack was open so of course we had to stop by and get one last snow cone. I let them kid the smalls instead of the kiddies cause they were on sale. Haha. Ailee promptly dumped the top of hers on the ground and Calum didn't finish his. Haha. After we strolled down to the car show and concert at our nearby park. I seriously love where we live. I love it.

 On Sunday we got together with my family to celebrate my 28th birthday. I loooooved that they actually put 28 candles in the cakes. Made me so happy.

It also made a lot of smoke! Haha

 Kevin took the day off on Monday and  my sister watched our kids. We got to hang out kidless for the whole day. We went to lunch and took paddle boards down the Boise River. We had such a good time and only fell in a handful of times :)




I told Kevin he looked like Huck Finn. Haha.


 We've been prepping for school to start. This pencil banner makes me happy.

That night we went to kindergarten orientation for the parents.
Tuesday Calum got to go see his classroom, meet his teacher and drop off his school supplies. They took these pictures and Ailee wanted to join in on the fun. She even brought her little lunch box with her. To say Calum was excited would be an understatement. 

We gave Calum a haircut, Kevin gave him a very special priesthood blessing and him and Kevin went shopping for soccer cleats. Which he was soooo excited about. He was running all around the island "testing them out." It's so fun how excited he gets about things.
 This morning he had pancakes and was rearing to go! He got out of the car and literally ran to meet up with his friends. We showed him where to line up, he waved goodbye and never looked back. 



I love how excited he is he had so much fun and was telling us all about it when he got home. Telling me he got to sit by his friends and do a scavenger hunt. So fun. I sure love him. He is too big. It was a half day today, and he's in half day kindergarten so he was there for less than two hours. Haha. He has been so bummed he doesn't get to stay at school all day and go to lunch at school. He keeps asking us, "When do I get to go to school al day?!" We're hoping his enthusiasm for school stays with him. He is such a fun kid. So excited for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment