Saturday, July 16, 2016

Big Beets and Lots of Treats.

Summertime really is the best! I love swimming and being outside.  
We had a super fun outing last Saturday. We rode the Greenbelt all the way down town and back with Kelli's family. The kids were great and Calum was such a trooper. He got tired a couple times on the way there but the way back follows the river downstream so he was cruising. We decided to eat dinner downtown at this pizza place. The kids got to make their own pizzas and watch them bake them in there sweet oven.  They thought it was awesome. We even decided to jump in the river on the way home. The water was frigid, but it was hot outside so it was actually pretty refreshing. Too much fun.








 




 We celebrated our buddy Taye's first birthday with quite the party. Slip and slide, treat stand, (so many treats!) yard games, and an outside movie. Miles and Ailee didn't want to stay for the late movie, so we left Calum with my sister. He got home at like midnight. Haha. Party time.



Miles has been getting brave. He started taking a few steps. Look how proud Calum and Ailee are. 
This morning was a little rough for Mile's, he flipped off his little bike, and his little rocking chair and face planted on the cement outside. He's actually been pretty good on the stairs lately, he'll go up them and come down them on his belly. But he must've forgotten how to go down them this morning because he tried to go down face first twice and one of the times was out our back step. Poor kid. It sounds like I don't watch him. But I was right there every time. Happens in a second. Crazy kids just getting a little to confident.

In addition to this little daredevil needing a helmet he needs some mittens too. He keeps scratching his lower back when I change him...... I don't know what to do...
 
Calum as you know is quite the character. He spends hours out in his hide out doing who knows what. He put a blanket in there for some carpet the other day and hung up some sort of box for his pantry. He came in the other day asking me if I would help him tie his rope for his zipline. I went outside and saw what he'd come up with. I don't know where the idea came from, he strung the shovel through and it actually kind of worked. He was thrilled. It was hilarious. 

The latest Calum Quotes
High fiving Mile's foot in the car, over and over."Foot five."
His take on tacos-"I literally love these." 
Yelled this between sobs right after he got stung by a bee on the playground- "Why did Jesus make bees? They're butt cracks!"
Overheard him quieting Miles on the monitor-"Bud what are you crying about? There's nothing to be afraid of. I'll protect you."

Ailee is always saying, "Actually." She also has been doing this goofy laugh. I need to film her doing it, it's my favorite. She really is the cutest. Even when her and Presley decide to paint themselves with wet chalk! 



She always asks me for Elsa braids and I was finally able to deliver. They are more Anna but she was happy about it. So fun! I couldn't wait for the day I could start braiding her hair and it's finally arrived!! Haha
 

 Pool time's more fun with dad


 Every year the crop consultants at Kevin's work have a Big Beet contest. They see who can find the biggest beet in one of their fields. This year Kevin brought home the bacon, I mean beet that won! Haha. Calum I think was the most excited about his victory because he told everyone. Haha. 

Just look at this mondo 16 incher! Would ya just look at it?? Haha.

And then my niece made this awesome meme. Haha. #myhusbandthebeetfarmer #justcallhimdwight

 Don't worry though, Kevin's job isn't all big beets and prizes. Sometimes he has to drive out to Twin Falls for some "meeting" and then they go ride their dirt bikes.  :) Living the dream.


 Had another successful Activity Days. Played some tennis with these cuties then went out for ice cream :)

I also took the kids to get ice cream at SubZero after we took in my hard drive to get repaired. (Bad news though they couldn't fix it!!!! Nooooooooo)

 Pretty sure Kelli took them out for snow cones later and then we went to our cousin Ollie's bake sale. So many treats.


The very next day I had to get after Ailee for sneaking popsicles. She probably had ten. Ok maybe four, but still. She freaked out crying because she couldn't have more, she went into her room and I found her asleep on the floor. My mom then came to get them to take them out for snow cones! Classic Mammaw, filling up the water table for the kiddos. I'm telling ya. These kids are living the dream.


So many treats, I didn't even mention the Creamies! It's a wonder we all don't weight 800 pounds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment