The ladies in my family went out for Mothers day on Friday. We got pedicures and had dinner. It also was raining like crazy, this pic was in the car right before we drove through an enormous puddle. Love all these amazing women in my life.
My Mom likes to sing made up songs like I do. One of her favorites goes, "Beep Boppa Do, Beep Boppa Do, I love you, oh yes I do." So for Mothers Day I made a hoop for her with the song on it. Turned out pretty cute huh? Now I want to make one for Ailees room.
Saturday was my nephew Nash's baptism. We had lots of fun celebrating him. Nash is the sweetest, he Looooves Miles, he would prefer to eat vegetables over pretty much anything else. He asked his mom to warm up some dirt berries for him one time. It took her a while to figure out that dirt berries were beets. Haha. Character. It was a great day. Love you Nash.
We had a happy Mother's day. I told Kevin all I wanted for Mother's day was a clean house and maybe a couple extra hours of sleep. He delivered. He also made breakfast for me Saturday and Sunday. I got spoiled. We had a light lunch in relief society and after church had dinner at my moms, which is always a party.
Calum was a crack up singing in sacrament meeting with the primary. He was smiling so big and moving his mouth. I don't think he sung a single word, but he was pretty energetic about it. Haha. He was talking to Ailee or someone the other day and said something to them about how "Blessings can help you." He's so smart. It broke my heart a little bit the other day when he was asking Kevin and me what divorce was and if we would ever not all live together. Seriously crushed me a little bit that I can't just shelter him from the world forever. He's too smart. Stay little forever!!
Our friend gave Miles a couple little walking toys and he is just cruising all around with them. He's a mad man. He snuck off at my parents house on Sunday and started dipping toilet paper in the toilet and eating it. He thought it was pretty funny. Yuck!
Ailee is also a nut. She told Calum the other day, "I'm not a scaredy cat, I'm a scaredy Ailee." She is constantly trying to move Miles she'll pick him up and then just drop him. Its terrifying. She did it the other day and he fell face first into the water table, poor kid. He's pretty tough though and actually got over it pretty quick.
Calum and Ailee have been a little sick this week. They keep getting pretty tired. Calum has had a few wild meltdowns. Including one he had about an hour ago because I wouldn't let him go on a hike with Kelli. He threw his Izze (juice drink) at me. So I threw it away. He lost it, screaming and flailing and telling me I'm the worst. I told him to go lay down and chill out. I found him dead asleep not five minute later. Ha. These meltdowns are the worst. Hope they quit soon. Also hope him and Ailee get feeling better and back to their old selves.
Being a mom is the best! It is so fun watching these little people grow into their personalities. I am so blessed I get to be home with them each day. I went to a relief society dinner and the speaker talked about how she went on this amazing cruise on this brand new ship, how people cleaned up after her and made her food and waited on her hand and foot. She said she was blown away by the amount of complaining she heard from people. The rooms were too small. The ceilings too low. There were kids in the adult pool. There was no where to eat (there were over 20 different restaurants on the ship!!). She compared that to us and our lives. We are sooooooo blessed. Do we recognize our amazing blessings even on the hard days? She made the comment that we complain about our bodies, their fat, wrinkly, run down or whatever. And how the third of the hosts of heaven would be thrilled to have a wrinkly, fat old body, and that we should be so grateful for our bodies, even in poor health or what not. It was kind of a wake up call to me. I am so blessed but sometimes just focus on the stress or negatives or things I have to get done. I'm a daughter of God. All of the other things are just fluff and stuff and I just need to focus on the fact that I'm a daughter of God, and I am beyond blessed. Even when my kids act like tiny crazy people :) Life is good! Happy Mothers Day!








No comments:
Post a Comment