Thursday, August 27, 2015

One Year Older and Wiser? Too

Sometimes I just can't decide on which picture to post so you get a lot of similar ones. This is one such post. My apologies, but they are just too cute to pick one :)

Anywho... Kevin talked us into going to the Hawks baseball game, and we were all glad he did.



Ailee did not love Humphrey the Hawk. Haha.

Calum didn't seem to care much for him either.

But Calum sure liked eating cotton candy and then using the bag to make some goofy outfit. What a nut.



We called it quits when two of our three children stared bawling during the seventh inning stretch, but no body got hit by a foul ball so I call it a win!

My birthday was Saturday. All I asked for was to go shopping all by myself. Haha. So we all went out to breakfast. Then Kevin took the kids to Cabelas while I wandered in the mall. I'm not going to lie, it was a nice little break. Kevin's the best for wrangling these hoodlums. He said they were actually pretty good. 









Later that day we went to the lake with my family. I am so blessed to have such a fun and  loving family. It was a good day. Best birthday yet :)


The kids hiked up the big hill by our church again on Sunday.

and apparently it tuckered Ailee out :)

This little looker turned two months old yesterday. He is getting so big and strong. He is already wearing his 3-6 month clothes. And he is such a little flirt. Loves it when you talk to him and he makes the sweetest faces back. What did we ever do without him? And lets be honest, he has a pretty great double chin :) Also his "Calum pout" is on point! He's had a little cold this last week, so he's been coughing a bit and had a booger nose, you'll see what I mean in a second...





Ewwww! Aren't those boogers disgusting? Haha. Pretty epic, had to share.
My friends from Denver sent Miles this little moose and he loves it. So cute.


Miles loves the moose and Ailee looooves Miles. She is constantly smothering him with hugs and kisses.

 

It's pretty cute most of the time, other times  her snuggles are a little too intense for little Miles. But little Ailee is cute pretty much all the time. Even when she is being naughty, she says, "Sorry" so cute that you could never be mad. Haha.

Wanted to sleep in her big bed for nap time. She actually did awesome, so maybe the transition into her bed from her crib will go well.

Loves Papa, and loved pretending to be a baby on our walk.

She got this sleeping bag for her birthday and can't get enough. hah

Just shoving her mouth full of food. She is my daughter.

Typically she likes to dress up pretty girly, you know just lounge around with her crown on, with her fluffy little dog and put on my "makekick" (make up)

But she did put this Chip and Dales ensemble together all on her own. So who knows where she gets her fashion sense. Haha. She does love to copy Calum.

They have been playing a lot better together lately and it's pretty cute




And Calum is just hilarious as ever. He's always saying "Boom," which cracks me up. He rhymes, telling me things like, "This is tricky, bicky, bajicky." And comes up with randomness like, "I'm drawing an incontraptual lightning spot, a lightning area." What now? Haha. He's seriously hilarious.

We love them all. How fun to be a parent and watch these little people grow. It really is the best.


Do you know what's not the best? This giant spider that lives in my bushes. Yowza. He makes me break into a cold sweat and gives me nightmares. Calum doesn't want me to kill "the cute little spider" because "he's his pet. (He) wants a pet spider like papa." Gross. Apparently he's good for the garden so I'm trying to be brave.  But inside I'm hoping that some bird eats him for lunch. I guess I'm not much wiser this year since I'm willing to sacrifice the well being of our garden for one GIANT teeny spider. Maybe next year I'll get wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment