I have a due date people! June 25th. I'm 20 weeks and 6 days along (Full term is 40 weeks). Oh hey Mr Elk.
I had my halfway ultrasound yesterday and they told me to drink a liter of water an hour before my appointment and hold my bladder. It was miserable!! First of all drinking that much made me want to throw up. And then I was seriously in pain during my ultrasound I couldn't even enjoy it. I just sat there fully focused on not peeing my pants. It was horrible! My friend who's an ultrasound tech and actually did my ultrasound with Ailee said that having you drink that much is an old school way of thinking and that they can get everything they need without me having a full bladder. So next time, I will not be drinking this much water, even if they tell me to.
When I wasn't wincing in pain we got to see glimpses of our little babes features. Ultrasounds are so fun and amazing. How can they see into my body like that?? And how is there a human being growing inside my body?? So crazy. I will never get used to it. (Pictures to come. They are on a disc, I need to upload them)
We didn't find out the gender this time around. So it will be a fun surprise when baby makes it's debut. Picking out a boy name and a girl name is going to be hard for me.
This weeks been good. Ive been feeling pretty good... most days.
Calum helping me mop the floor :) He's pretending the chairs are train cars. It was pretty cute.
I figured out the trick to shopping with children. Get them a Slurpie and popcorn, they sit in the cart the entire time. It's like magic. Why haven't I done this before??
Activity days was this week, so we made Valentines. I got some fun ideas off the internet. I think they had fun using the different stuff.
I used a lot of the same stuff for when we did family night. We talked about loving each other and then made Valentines for Calum's preschool class, and other people we love. I think they turned out pretty cute.
Speaking of Holiday's Kevin had his work Christmas party this last week. Haha. Kind of fun to do it after the holidays. We went to a Basque restaurant called Epi's. It was delish, and they fed us way too much. My favorite was the apple bread pudding. Mmmm. Unfortunately my new shoes weren't broken in and they made me bleed. So that was fun.
Ailee's hair is wild these days. I try to pull it back and she pulls the hair ties out. I put a bow in and she pulls it out. It's wild.
Kevin had a conference Wednesday and Thursday in Twin Falls. We missed him. But while he was driving out there he called into a radio station and won tickets to G Love and Special Sauce, and Matt Costa. We only knew a few songs but it was fun to get out and go to concert spur of the moment.
We were going to go up to Mccall for the Winter Carnival this weekend but didn't end up going. It was raining up there and I wasn't feeling very good Saturday morning. Luckily it was a beautiful 60+ degree day in Boise, so we went and enjoyed a nearby park.
It was a good day, complete with ice cream cones, but I think Calum and Ailee's favorite part was playing on the dirt hill. They were there for who knows how long, just digging and sliding and (Ailee) being nervous of all the dogs walking up the trail.
Kevin even took his dirt bike out for a quick ride on his dirt bike. It was a good day, besides the fact that we found Ailee drinking a nasty bottle full of curdled milk, and that I tried to cut some pizza with a plastic cover on my pizza cutter :) Oops.
Shirtless Sunday is a thing at the Ramey house I guess. Haha. Calum and all his equally white cousins were all running around topless when we got together for dinner. Haha.
Kelli watched these monkey's while we had our ultrasound yesterday, and she kept sending me all these funny pictures. Looks like they had fun. Haha.
Ailee technically starts nursery this coming Sunday but I put her in last week cause me and Kevin both teach. She loved it. I think she was kind of bossy but she had fun. Unfortunately now she has a cold. I'm blaming nursery. She did not sleep good at all last night. I had to rock her to sleep a few different times. And then she woke up at 4am and didn't go back to sleep tip 8. Boo. So I'm over here trying not to fall asleep.
Also I'm watching my sisters 4 kids today and tomorrow while they are in Hawaii, and then there grandma is coming to relieve me. So wish us luck. I'm seriously so tired right now, I hope I don't pass out before Kevin gets home. They all play together pretty well though, they'll keep themselves entertained... right? Haha. Anyway, wish us luck. I'm sure I'll have some good stories for next week.




























No comments:
Post a Comment