Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Party Animals

Happy birthday to you. You live in a zoo. You look like a monkey, and you smell like one too! 
Calum party preppin
The party continued this week. We threw Calum an animal party. I had way too much fun with it and was doing party stuff most of the week. It was a lot of fun and I thought it turned out super cute.
The kids had fun pinning the tail on the monkey and going on bear hunts with their binoculars. (Thanks dollar store!)
Some fun snacks, animal crackers, goldfish, swedish fish, fruit and veggie bird trays, as well as some penguins.
The cake was so fun. I saw a cute lion cake online, but you had to buy specific cake pans to make it. I had also seen cupcake cakes like this where you just smooth all the cupcakes together and frost it like a cake. It was so easy and fun! Calum loved it too. He still will tell me (4 days later) "Thank you for my lion cake mom. It was so awesome." Haha




 These masks might have been my favorite part. So dang cute.



 
 Especially on me and Kevin. Haha.
 Calum's favorite part was probably the piñata. He loved picking it out and kept coming out of his room at bed time to tell us thanks for his piñata. He is so polite, even when he's being naughty like getting out of bed. Haha
 I think it was Kevin's favorite part too. Haha. Please look how excited he is in all of these pictures :) I have a million more and his face is the same in everyone. Makes me happy. 


 All in all, I think it was a success
 And of course Calum ended up naked because that is what he does.
In other news... Kevin got to go skiing again.

He also got a big fat mole removed off his toe which he blames me for because I made him go to the dermatologist. Haha.
So he has been taken it easy.
 Ailee is now 7 months and as squishy as ever. 

Still rolling all around and will get on all fours like she's going to crawl but hasn't yet, so that is nice.

 She doesn't really like food, so the doctor suggested we put it on her tray and let her play with it, and maybe feed herself. Yeah it didn't work so well. Made a huge mess and she didn't eat anything. Totally different from Calum. He devoured solid foods. Ailee just gags on everything, even if we water it down. She tolerates applesauce best, but still doesn't really love it. 
 She does like to eat my glasses though...

 This sequence of events was cracking me up. So hard to photograph babies!
She really likes Calum, he can always make her laugh.
She is talking a lot more. She likes to growl and blow raspberries.
We love her so much. Even when she poops on her clothes at Target. This is an acceptable outfit for shopping, right? Haha
 Calum got to go get a check up at the doctor. He really liked the reflex hammer thing. He was a little wild (whats new). He is nice and healthy. 25th percentile all around so a little on the small side, but his personality is larger than life! 
Everyday is something new and fun with him. Such a three year old. What's he doing? No idea. Just playing. I love that he is starting to use his imagination more and more.
 Picking out a toy from grandma and grandpa Foulger. It's Mike-Milangelo!
 Being silly at church
 Eating his green eggs and milk, and whipping up something yummy in his kitchen (we added an outlet. Haha)
 
Got some face paint crayons for the party that I didn't end up using, but Calum really wanted to try them out.
Our days range from sword fighting with our animal masks on to playing Mario Kart. He is also really into play dough. Such a fun crazy boy. No idea where he gets it from...
 I seriously can't believe he is three!! My babies are getting so big! They are sharing a room like champions. It's so fun and cute I had to get a couple pictures of it. Even with the messy floor, it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment