I remember study spanish and not understanding how Gordita (little fat girl) was a term of endearment. Spanish speakers use it all the time when they're talking about their girlfriends, daughter, or wives. I was always blown away that that was not only OK but affectionate. Haha. Turns out Hispanic people know whats up. Since having Ailee I totally get it.
Ailee is so fat and squishy and I just love her!! I know you agree. How can you not just love those buns! Haha.
She turned 5 months this week! Can you believe it? Where has the time gone?? She is wearing 6-12 month clothes!!!! I got so sad when I put away all the stuff she's grown out of. Stay little baby!
She can sit up for a while if she's feeling it, but other times she decides it's too much work and falls over :)
She likes to eat everything that gets even kind of close to her face.
She loves her daddy
Her mommy
And her nose picking brother
She tried out the Johnny Jumper for the first time this week. (She doesn't jump, it's just another thing to eat. Haha)
She also went swimming for the first time. (I couldn't get the swim diaper up over her thighs so they were more like biker shorts.)
She seriously is just the cutest thing and we can't get enough of her! I love her so. Even if she isn't sleeping through the night ;) We got a bunch of new clothes from my sisters so Ailee has been my little dolly that I get to play dress up with all week long. She's been a good sport about it.
Calum is a pretty sweet big brother when he's not glued to his electronic device. Haha. I thought it would be years before I'd have to deal with this. He loves movies and computer games (especially Sonic) and throws major tantrums when he doesn't get to play. I need to figure out a good system to limit his screen time. He asks multiple times a day to play Sonic on daddy's phone. I have to remind him that dads phone is with dad, at work. He gets pretty bummed about it. Haha.
When he's not plugged in he is just wild as ever! We love him so.
When we got done at the pool the other day, we were in the dressing room getting ready to go and Calum decided it would be a good idea to run back out and get in the pool. Fully clothed. I chased him out and found him hanging out on the ladder in the pool, up to his chest in water and holding his sleeve of Ritz crackers that I'd given him to keep him occupied. It was a classic Calum move. He was even wearing his snow boots.
My friend Lesha and I gathered a hodge podge of clothes to dress him in. He was pretty stylin.
The latest Calum quotes.
"I maybe need to go potty."
"I'm just getting a little bit tired."
"No touching butts!" (It took us a bit to figure out where he got this from. Finding Nemo. They call the boat a butt and of course it was Calum's favorite line. Haha. I'm telling you he is a true boy, through and through.)
My favorite moment from our drive back to Colorado was when Calum got done peeing on the side of the road. He took a bow and said "Thank you." Where does he get this stuff?? Haha. As always he's a little mole. "The sun, it's too bright!!"
Anywho nothing too crazy this week. It's late and my creativity is struggling. Haha. So until next week... Goodbye from baby Jude and Ailee's cute thighs. "Adios," dice la gordita." :)
















Yay! She's the cutest baby ever! Oh how i love me some fat baby girls! Nothing better than wrist rolls- I mean seriously? Clara's still got some of her chub at almost 3 and I hope it never goes away. i could eat that girl all day long! And I really like you. I'm sad we missed each other at Snowbasin! Lame, lame! Maybe you'll just have to run a half marathon with me this year, K? Love your guts cute girl.
ReplyDelete