Thursday, December 19, 2013

Grandpa Benny Boy

On December 3rd, my Grandpa Benny Boy passed away. He was 90 years old and had lived a great life. I didn't know my grandpa super well because he lived so far away, so it was really neat to get together with people who knew him and here more about him and his life.


I was so grateful Ailee and I got to go to California to celebrate his life with my family. All of my siblings were there. It was so great to get to spend time with them in the warm weather! Especially since the week before was in the negatives here in Colorado. It was a quick trip. Ailee did awesome traveling, and of course everybody loved her and couldn't get enough of her.


The first night I got there we grabbed some Brit's BBQ, made friends with the manager (Jared and Darcie were both hugging her when we left! Haha), and were caroling in the street. 


My cute brothers whipped up some music for the service. 
My cousin Jenna, me and all my siblings sang "Come Thou Fount."



 Grandpa was in the Marines. So the came and played taps and presented my mom with the flag that was on his casket. It was pretty awesome. 


So grateful for my grandpa's amazing example to me of loyalty, service, love and honesty. He was a good man and we will miss him.

The "originals"


My siblings and me, oldest to youngest.


Our true selves.


Ailee loved spending time with family and meeting new friends.


 

 Just hanging out at the beach, in 80 degree weather, in December!! What?!? So nice. 




I stole Cody's hat cause it was so bright :)








I sent this to Kevin


And he sent this back to me. Haha.


I was feeling guilty that I was in sunny California without these two. They would have loved it. And all of our adventures.


More eating



Scoping out Candy Cane Lane in our awesome get ups!


This street has been doing this since my parents were in elementary school. I guess its mandatory if you live there. It was pretty amazing.


Every house had at least this many lights. 



 We of course had to get some Thrifty Ice Cream. This mondo cone was a double scoop. I'm pretty sure she gave me four scoops.


Ailee was jealous.


 Shopping at the thrift store my mom insisted we stopped at. Haha. She was wandering the store with this wig on. I love my mom!


Ailee wanted to wear it too.


  It had ugly sweaters for days!


 Whale watching at Pointe Vincente Lookout. We saw three! So dang cool.











All in all it was a good trip. Even though the weather was Ahmazing, Ailee and I were really glad to get back to good old Colorado, and Kevin and Calum. We sure missed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment