Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Full Term

Sorry for more pictures of me! I know that's not what you want to see. But I just wanted to document that I am 37 weeks along. Which by all accounts is considered "full term." If I had baby girl now she wouldn't be "premature" and most likely would be developed enough to handle life outside the womb :) So basically I could have baby any day now! Crazy crazy. Every time I call Kevin, the first thing he says is "Are you in labor?" Haha. He says he gets all nervous when he sees my name pop up on his phone :) Haha. So basically we are getting excited. 
We can't wait to meet baby girl, I am huge and uncomfortable and soo ready to not be pregnant anymore.  But I'm not going to lie, I have definitely been nervous too. Not just about labor (which is scary in itself), but about being a mom of two!! For some reason that seems so wild and scary to me. Haha. I know it will be fine, and we will all adjust and just love our little family to pieces, but it is definitely new territory. I just want her to get here, so I quit thinking about all my worries and will have a sweet new baby to love on. 
Both of my friends from the shower last week had their babies! I'm so jealous. They are so sweet and teeny. It's crazy to think that there is a little baby inside of me. Crazy! 


Does Calum know his world is about to be rocked? That he will soon have a new sister? I think he does to some extent, he always touches my belly and says "the baby's moving mom" and stuff like that, but he is still somewhat oblivious I'm sure. But he is so sweet these days, loves puppies and babies. I'm really excited to se what he's like with little sister. When we went to visit my friends new babies Calum wanted to hold baby Stella so bad and I wouldn't let him cause he's had a cough the last few weeks. The pouty face he made was seriously the sweetest thing ever. He is going to be the cutest big brother. I'm just a little nervous how he is going to be sharing Kevin and me with baby girl. He really likes us lately. Wants us to snuggle him every night, and gets so sad when we leave him. The other night Calum and I were going somewhere and I said "Bye Kev." And all the way to the car Calum screamed and cried big crocodile tears, "Where's Kev? Is Kev coming? Where's Kev?" It was pretty cute. Haha.


Calum is just like his dad in that he is a great observer. He picks up on everything and nothing can get past him. His latest favorite past time is gazing out the window. He comes and finds me and says "can I look out the window mom?" And then will sit at his window for like ten minutes or more! Haha. Funny kid. 


He also has been loving his ski boots (or as he calls them, his walking boots) lately. Finds them and clunks spazily around the house almost daily. He also gets a kick out of chasing flies around the house, calling people "girly," asking us "what are you talking about??" and playing t-ball.


As an added bonus to the week, we ran into the Wiener Mobile and got ourselves some weenie whistles! Haha. 


Well with any luck, this time next week I will be posting pics of new baby, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up :) I'm planning on having her August 31st, which is a week after my due date, then I figure if she comes before then it will be a nice treat! :) But definitely keep your fingers crossed that it is sometime before then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment