Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Who needs pants?

Warning: Explicit images :)
I had the bright idea to try and potty train Calum this week. He has been showing signs that he's ready, like wanting to sit on the toilet, and telling me when he goes and that he needs his diaper changed. And he even would go in the toilet on some occasions. My friend potty trained her kid using a no pants method. They go diaper-less for three days, and it supposedly helps them recognize when they go and associate that with going on the toilet. Anyway, I did my research and thought I would give it a try. It actually worked alright. When we would sit Calum on the toilet he would go on command, but he didn't really get the hang of letting me know when he needed to go. I would try to just take him every half hour or so, if I timed it right we were happy, but all too often I did not, and ended up cleaning up messes left and right. It was a trying three days. I think I'll wait a little longer to really tackle this potty training business.


I tried to find stuff for us to do in the kitchen, so the messes were easier to clean.


I did put big boy undies on Calum one day, he thought he was pretty cool.


The next morning he woke up and tried to put some underwear on himself. Haha.


Calum didn't complain too much about being a free bird for a few days. As I've mentioned before, he doesn't love wearing clothes, so he was kind of in heaven. :)
Calum's favorite things: Jumping on his bed.

Stickers- "How I look Mom?"


My phone camera.- "What?!"


Hide and Seek- "We're hiding from the scary lizard, Mom."


Anyway, couldn't really take Pant-less Joe anywhere so spent most of our time at home watching the crazy weather. We did make a trip to Ikea, or Build-a-Bear for adults, as Kevin termed it :) Just slowly getting our house ready for another little one! Keeping my fingers crossed that Calum is potty trained by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment