Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Kids Say/Do the Darndest Things

Calum is just Mr Personality these days. He says everything, and is constantly making me laugh. Almost every morning he wakes up, wants me to take his PJ's off, goes and puts on this life jacket, then  goes and gets his shoe basket and puts it on his head. Then runs around and around our house. Seriously, this happens daily. For some reason the life jacket means, bucket head too. Silly goose. He figured out how to take picture on my phone, here is one of the better ones :)


Calum loves to ride horses. Mechanical ones, bouncy ones, the horse named dad, or riding on my knee. He loves it. He is a natural cowboy. Constantly saying things like "Giddy Up Horsey!" "Ride em Cowboy!" "Neigh!" "Yeehaw!" He's pretty much the cutest. He also insisted on dressing himself when we went to the zoo the other day. His shirt was too big, his jacket was too small, and he chose this awesome swimming hat to go with. It was pretty awesome. 


Luckily, it was a pretty warm day so he shed some layers and just ended up looking like a gangster in his Tall T :)



Calum was so excited for the zoo. He was singing the Putt Putt saves the zoo song the whole way there  and then kept naming off animals we were going to see. I'm pretty sure his favorite was the monkeys. They were pretty entertaining. The gorillas were eating lunch. There was a baby orangutang that followed its mama up a tree. Calum was really proud of it and started yelling, "Good job baby! You did it!" He also yelled at some monkeys playing catch, "Get the ball monkey!!" He was really into it :)
 The three little monkeys at the zoo, and their three big mammas! (We are all 21-23 weeks pregnant. Haha)


 We asked Calum if he was a little monkey when he got home and he responded, "No, I'm a blue jay."But then he clarified and said he was a woodpecker and started pecking things. He's such a nut. He has this big animal book and pretty much knows what every animal is named. It's pretty entertaining to look at with him.
I can't believe the things he remembers sometimes. The other day he wanted to play with play-doh. It's been a while since we've played with it but right when I got it out, he was asking me to make a dog with it (which is what I did before) and then asked for his plastic centipede toy, so he could make "fossils"with it in the play-doh (which again, we did the last time). He does stuff like that all the time that just amazes me. Remembers peoples names and what not. It's so entertaining.
In other news, Calum is cutting four teeth right now, so he's been understandably grumpy. He also pooped on the potty for the first time the other day! Hooray! I was really excited cheering and what not. And a few minutes later Calum came up to me and said "I'm so proud of you! Good job mom! Went on the potty! I'm so proud." It was pretty cute. Kevin started back to school this week, and I got a sweet deal on this double stroller. I was so excited, I almost took it to the zoo but refrained :)


Here are a couple more videos of Calum being silly this week. He's such a ham, can't wait to see what he says and does this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment