Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Skills to Pay the Bills

What a week! This week was Eventful. Thats the only way I can accurately sum up this week. Eventful. Calum is definitely two and isn't afraid to show it. He is full of personality and is getting older everyday. Calum hates to wear clothes and so in the majority of his pictures he is naked. Hope you aren't offended :)
We did a bit of spring cleaning. Calum had a lot of fun helping me go through our closets and make a big pile to donate. 



Calum pretending to use the potty. Poser. One of these days he'll actually use it :)


Here is where the fun begins. We took a weekend trip to Steamboat Springs with our friends. Calum discovered he could climb out of his pack and play so getting him to sleep was pretty much ridiculous. He didn't go to bed until like 1 am the first night we were there. Maybe he just knew he was going skiing the next day and was too excited to sleep :) 
Despite the late night partying, he was ready to go the next day. He was really excited he got to ride a bus up there.


He and his friend Aimsley took full advantage of all the free rides :)




The dads getting the little ski bunnies ready to shred.


Ready for his first time on the slopes!


Look at that proud daddy.


Loving the ski lift :) These boys are soooo cute! I can't get over it!





And was tuckered out after two runs :)


Beautiful day in Steamboat. It was supposed to rain, but the weather must have heard it was Calum's first day on the slopes and decided to hold back the rain until the evening. So the dads got in a good full day of spring skiing.


And me and the kiddos headed back to the Condo. It was tiresome, riding the shuttle and hiking back with two toddlers and their ski gear. But we survived.


Fun little hike to FishCreek Falls.


Can you spot the falls? It was kind of buried in snow :) Calum saw it before we did!


Being Tourists in Steamboat. We had a lot of fun, and were glad for a quick trip away before Kevin starts back up at school.



We got home from our trip and of course Calum started climbing out of his crib. After a day of this, and one pretty bad fall I took the front off to convert it to a toddler bed. It takes him a while and multiple times of putting him back in bed but he eventually falls asleep. He doesn't always make it in his bed though. Right now he is actually right inside his door napping on the floor. Poor kid. 


Barricading him in his room and hoping he falls asleep in his bed is not ideal however. Remember I said he is constantly naked? Well today, I put him in his room for a nap, and he was really quiet for a while so I thought he'd finally fallen asleep. But I suddenly heard him screaming, "It's everywhere! It's everywhere!!" I went in his room, to find that he'd taken off his own poopy diaper, and had gotten it "everywhere." Oh the joys of motherhood. 
Like I said, this week has been eventful. But whether Calum is grumpy...


Or goofy...


We are loving watching him grow and learn. Some of the skills he's learning, like skiing, are more fun than others, like say, climbing. But we are rolling with the punches and hoping we make it out without too many scrapes and bruises. Any advice on naked babies or keeping kids in cribs I'm all ears. Don't be shy to send some words of wisdom my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment