Calum has been sick almost all week. Nothing major, just a nasty cough. But he is super cranky and tired always. As a result me and him have been cooped up in our house and going a little crazy. Calum doesn't want to eat anything, constantly wants to watch TV (I think I've seen The Incredibles like 20 times this week, he's likes to run with Dash), has been throwing major fits, like when he wants his binky (or even two), he asks to go to bed so I put him in his crib and he screams that he wants to get out. Sick babies are no fun. On top of that Kevin is super busy with school so I kind of feel like a single mom. Again, no fun.
The perk of having a sick kid is the snuggles. Last night he let me rock and sing to him for quite a while. Kind of makes the stressful days all worth it.
Calum has had his funny moments this week too. He's kind of a smarty pants. I've mentioned before how I constantly am singing songs. Well the other day out of the blue Calum started singing Bob Marley, "Three little birds, on my doorstep... sweet songs... melodies.... true.... my message to you oo oo." No joke. It was the cutest thing. I'm sure I'd sang it earlier in the day, but I was really surprised/impressed that he remembered so many words and the melody! What a stud. There have been other incidences too. Calum pointed at a picture of a wave in our bathroom the other day and said "A wave, when the top of the water moves." He learned that from an alphabet game he plays. I was dying. How does he remember all of this?? Boggles my mind.
Calum is having cousin withdrawls. Haha. He misses all his buddies. This is him having some Facetime with his cute cousin Eva. Such cuties.
Last Tuesday, before this dreaded cough we were able to go play in the snow. Calum liked making snowballs and snow angels but wasn't a big fan of walking around in the snow. It was pretty deep for the little guy.
His rosy face kills me. Haha. Mad I wouldn't give him the phone.
Other than that this week was pretty uneventful. I finally finished this height board, so that was fun.
And my friend Sally finished up this cute announcement for me :)
Calum didn't want to give us a good smile that day, so she made this one for the little stinker. Haha. But really I think Calum is super excited to be a big brother :)
So I'm pretty sure just about everyone I know is having babies this summer. These are just my Colorado friends, -1, who are all pregnant right now!! Wha?? We are going to be quite the sight at the pool this summer! (The one on the opposite end of me is actually going in tomorrow to have her baby!! =] Soo fun! I'm super jealous. I want my baby here now!)











No comments:
Post a Comment