The other day we were out to lunch and saw a grasshopper. Calum and I watched it for quite a while. Calum thought it was so fun when it would jump. I guess I kept saying the word "jump" because pretty soon Calum was saying "jump"and bending and straightening his legs trying to mimic the grasshopper. It was the cutest little thing and I was amazed that he picked it up that quick. He's so smart!
This week we had a crazy lightening storm. Don't worry everyone, we survived. It was really intense though. Constant lightening, hail and wind. I don't know if I've witnessed a storm like that before, if I have it's been a while.
Speaking of under the weather, Calum had strep throat last week :( So he wasn't the happiest but that didn't stop him from taking stuff off the shelves and making a little fort out of them. I guess it's his latest thing. Haha.
Still just trying to get unpacked and settled in. Calum as always is a great helper :)
We finally got to go to our new ward this sunday. It seems to be a good ward. We're excited to get to know new people. The first thing the relief society president says to me. "Welcome to the ward. Is your husband the gymnast?" Haha. I thought, "not that I know of" :) So funny. I guess another couple moved in and the guy is a gymnast, but me not knowing that made it extra funny.
On Saturday we went for a bike ride along the river and wandered around a nearby mall. We had a good day, that finished with a bang. Two firework shows! What? We were just hanging out in our living room and started to hear fireworks. We had a perfect view from our balcony. Pretty sure they were lighting them off at the park next door :) We were all excited and loving summer and our new neighborhood and then about an hour later, round two of fireworks. Just as many and just as big. It was crazy!! We decided that they just wanted to welcome us to the neighborhood :) Thank you Littleton.
Strep throat made Calum really tuckered out by the end of the day good thing he has his dad to keep him company :)
It is sad that Calum is sick but I do like all the snuggles that I've been getting from him. The other night I snuggled him good night and he wanted to give me a kiss. But to be honest, I didn't want to catch strep throat so I was trying to dodge it and have him kiss my cheek. But he wouldn't take no for an answer and just kept coming at me with those lips! Kevin and I were laughing so hard Calum thought it was a game and just kept trying harder and harder. Funny kid. He cracks me up.
He is quite the character. He always does this slow nod with this goofy smirk on his face. We have no idea why he does it, but me and Kevin always imitate him and can get a laugh out of each other when we do the slow nod at random times.
He really is a little monkey, and now that he's attempting to jump he bounces like a mad man on anything he can, including; the bed, the couch and of course me! (I guess it's payback Dad from all the boom-ba-doggies that I put you through!) Even though he was basically his goofy self while he was sick we are glad he is starting to get back to his normal, healthy, funny little self :)
Happy Calum's feeling better, love his jumping skills, I'm so impressed every week with your posts
ReplyDelete