Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Boys will Be boys

 Kevin always likes to say, "boys will be boys." in this goofy accent that always makes me smile. But it is so true! At least with these Foulger boys, they are all boy, through and through. And the little one is a mini of his dad, it hilarious. He loves cars, rocks, throwing stuff, climbing things and getting messy. He has no time for dressing up or baby dolls and he loves to be outside. I'm telling you, Kevin and Calum are two peas in a pod. The other day I was packing, Calum was hanging out and I went in his room to find that he'd somehow managed to climb back in his crib. I was really surprised and confused, but I took him out and went on with my day. Later we were in his room and I showed me how he did it. He climbed onto the rocking chair, onto the arm of the rocking chair, leaned over the rail of the crib and did a front flip in! Tell me thats something Kevin wouldn't do. He did it with style and then popped up looking all proud of him self as if he was saying, "Check out how awesome I am mom!" I busted out laughing and thought briefly about having him do it again so I could film it but then decided I didn't want to risk him snapping his neck, So I moved the rocking chair, so Calum wouldn't be tempted to try any more aerial stunts (At least for a few more years!) We moved this week, so as you can imagine much of our week was full of more packing, cleaning and moving stuff.  But that didn't stop these boys from being their cute old selves!


Calum and I went swimming with our buddies this week. Calum loved being in the water; splashing, blowing bubbles and going under. He still isn't the biggest fan of floating on his back, but he was loving the water! Too cute :)




Kevin and Calum were good at distracting me while I was trying to pack :) Whether it was climbing on the dishwasher with dirty feet...


...or coming into the room dancing, high stepping and singing "lets get physical, physical!" Hahaha. I was dying!! Silly boys :)


We also wen't garage sale-ing at our friends neighborhood garage sale. The babies did pretty good while we drug them around, and we were all pretty proud of the little treasures we found. Thomas and Calum, in their sweet fedoras, patiently waiting for their mamas.


We got a pack and play, clothes, puzzles and this sweet new dressers for 100 bucks! I was pumped!!


On Friday some of our awesome friends came out to help us move into our spacious but hot apartment. It took them no time at all!! We were so thankful for all their help! So then I started setting up our new little house. Calum was a little concerned when he saw me up here :)


Grandma and Grandpa Foulger came out to bring us our sweet washer and dryer! Kevin's sister got new ones and so she gave us her old ones. We (I really mean I) am so so so excited to have my very own full-sized washer and dryer!! The washing machine is so big I think we could do a whole weeks worth of wash in one load :) Thanks again DeeAnn!!


Yesterday we went to the children's museum. I think Calum loved all the kids more than the different stations. He loved running around and checking out all the fun stuff.



Kevin liked this area more than any :) He built Calum a sweet airplane out of recycled goods :) Seriously, such boys, these two.


Calum is such a character, and teases me just like Kevin does. He eats grapes by poking his fingers into them and steals sips from my drinks when I'm not looking, then laughs. The other day I had a rootbeer float from KFC, I was holding Calum, the drink and a bunch of other stuff so Calum thought that meant he could drink all of my drink. I couldn't get it away and so he just kept slurpin away at the rootbeer float. Such a stinker.
One things for sure. I will always have my hands full with these two goonbahs! So fun, I love my life! Whats our next adventure?? Looks like were headed out on a safari, see you next week!


1 comment:

  1. Your posts are the cutest! Makes me wish I was so much better at keeping up with my blog and taking pictures!!! Cute boys

    ReplyDelete