This week has been a little rough. Calum burned his fingers on our stove, we wrecked our car, and Calum has a fever that started yesterday :( On the bright side, I did win a $20 gift card in a belly flop contest on Saturday. Haha.
I bought some little hot wheels cars for Calum and he loves them, he drives them all around including in this cooler and on our faces.
I don't know if I have mentioned Calum's love for Kevin's hats before, but he loves Kevin's hats!! He always goes to our room and puts them on. So funny.
We went to an event called the Journey's Backyard BBQ on Saturday. There were a bunch of pro skateboarders, BMX riders, Motocross riders and wakeboarders just showing off there skills. It was pretty fun even though it was a billion degrees!!
I also competed in a belly flop contest while we were there. I spent my years perfecting the art of a painless belly flop. As seen in this video.
And this picture from 2007
So I thought I'd put my mad skills to the test. I was the only girl out of the ten or so competitors. This was my first jump.
They then picked the top three jumpers to flop again. I was one of those three :)
Unfortunately I got beat out by a heavy set man who instead of jumping off the bed of the pick up truck jumped off the metal beam that is about at the announcers shoulders. You can kind of see it in the first picture. So I didn't get the $50 prize but I was still proud of my performance as were these professional wakeboarders. Like I said, years of practice. I think belly flopping should be in the olympics because my form is impeccable. Haha.
Anyway, It was a hot week. Our apartment doesn't really have air conditioning so we have been trying to make the best out of our hot summer days. We've been swimming a lot, going on walks, watching movies, golfing and crafting. Calum loves being outside and checking out all the new things like sprinklers :)
We drove up to Roxborough Park on Sunday. Calum didn't love the drive but it was a pretty view.
On the way home was when we unfortunately rear ended the truck in front of us. Edna's (my car) face was smashed in a bit, but Kevin straightened her out, she's no beauty queen but she'll get the job done. The only thing that is really broken is the air conditioner which sadly means more heat for us! Not much happened to the other car, seeing as it was a big truck and we were in a little Hyundai. Still stressful though. And Calum being sick and having blistered fingers isn't much fun either. We're headed to the doctor this afternoon so hopefully they'll be able to figure out what the matter is. Sometimes life's just like that and all you can do is focus on your belly flopping victories :)

Ahahahha, the belly flopping!! I love it, i'm the worst belly flopper, I always chicken out at the last second. too bad about you car :(( cant wait to see you soooon
ReplyDelete