Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Best Part of Waking up, is Foulger's in Your Tent!

Weather in Denver is crazy!! It is snowing today and Saturday it was in the 80's. Thursday my friend Michelle called me up with a sheer genius plan to go camping Friday night. You know since it was going to be ridiculously hot. I told her we would love to brave the great outdoors if we could figure out a sleeping situation for Calum, and figure we did. 
Now we have a four man tent, but with our queen sized air mattress there is no way we could fit a pack and play in their with us. So we busted out the tents just to check it out and see what we were working with.


Calum, of course, was a little scared when dad first whipped it out. But once we got it set up he loved his giant fort in the living room. When it was clear we weren't all going to fit, we set up our second tent. It's a two man and the pack and play would fit snugly inside. So what we ended up doing was fashioning the two together and making a six man tent. It was pretty sweet. Although Calum only slept in the pack and play for a few hours and at about 2 am he decided he'd rather sleep with mom and dad. All and all it was not the most restful night sleep we've had but it was an adventure.


Aimsley and Calum tried out the new bike trailer. Aimsley didn't mind it too much the first day but the second day she didn't have much fun at all  :(


 It was really nice to get out and cruise around the camp ground and by the lake. 



Cousinly Love :)



Finding rocks and eating breakfast, nothing better!


It was a good little trip. We had tin foil dinners and a campfire (even though there may have been a fire ban in affect...) rode bikes and got to listen to our awesome neighbors all night long :) It really was fun though. Thanks for the last minute camping trip Foulger's!


So Kevin found this sweet biking helmet for Calum at Goodwill last week. Kevin was watching Calum while I was at a therapy session for my wrist (oh yes, my wrist is still being dumb and now I get to go in once a week for therapy. Cross your fingers that it will get better so I don't have to get another shot, or worse have surgery!). But anyway, when I came home, I walked in the door to find this cute boy with his awesome helmet. He had a mouth full of what I think was crackers, he started doing what I have termed as his happy scream (this yell/growl thing he does when he's excited) and shaking his fists because he was so excited to se me. It was the cutest thing. It made me so happy and I wish I had it on film. It seriously made my day. Love the helmet. Good find dad :)



On another note, Calum has become a little Houdini. He now can open our sliding glass door and our screen door and venture out onto the balcony all by himself. And of course the lock on the door is broken and instead of fixing it they just stuck a metal pole in to lock it, but that doesn't stop Calum. He thinks that is his light saber and loves to pull that out and swing it around and hit things with it. So of course I have had to hide that and now I end up blocking the door with anything I can find so he doesn't escape.


In addition to escaping he has also learned how to disappear! This is one such occasion. He thinks he's pretty awesome climbing up on dads tools box :) Naughty.


He is also a great balancer. It is kind of hard to see but he is sitting on a teeny building block. He sat like this for a while and it was cracking me up. 


Other eventful things this week, we finally installed our forward facing car seat. Calum loves it. On our first ride he just smiled the whole time and he'd laugh every time I would turn around and look at him. Calum took a step last night. Haha. He was standing up all by himself and took one step and grabbed onto the couch. We were so proud. haha. He has also started clapping a lot. For no real reason he'll just start clapping. He loves it. I even heard him in his bed this morning just clapping away and lovin it. He's such a fun boy and I can't wait to see what tricks he pulls out of his hat next week!

1 comment:

  1. you bet that's the best part of waking up!!! I will def have to give you guys some pics. so fun, so glad you guys are always up for an adventure

    ReplyDelete