It's here! Time to harvest those beets. And with harvest goes Kevin. He leaves early, he gets home late. The kids haven't seen him in the last few days and they are missing him. But we love our hard worker and all he does for us.
Kevin came him Friday night and went right to bed. I went to a dance party that a friend of a friend put on. We had fun shakin our money makers. Mom dance parties are what dreams are made of.
Saturday morning I hauled the kiddos to Calum's soccer game. He played a bit more this week. He did score a goal on his own team. Haha. He told me after, "We lost, but the most important thing is we had fun."
He was talking to a girl on the opposing team and said, "Good game. What did you get for a snack?" #priorities haha.
We came upon a herd of sheep on our way home. We were all pretty entertained.
I made this fun halloween table runner.
Halloween must be on the brain of these little kids because as we pulled away from Kelli's the other day Ailee said, "Barkley's a Halloween decoration!" I thought it was cute :)
Our ward had a linger longer, Chili cook off social thingy at the barn on Sunday. The kids had fun running around.
Calum sat outside for probably an hour the other day watching a construction crew fill a pothole in our alley. He was right in the action and loving every minute of it.
My mom found a "good deal" on meat the other day so she brought me over 120 pounds of meat!! All sorts of stuff. It was intense. My freezer is chalk-full, and Calum kept saying, "We have the meats!" (like the Arby's commercial. Haha. Where does he get this stuff? We don't even have T.V. haha) Thanks Mammaw!
We watched my friends little boy who is 2 months younger than Miles. I took them to Calum's soccer practice. I thought it would be ok, let them play at the park. But both of these boys are pure boys! They were both way to brave and daring. Headed off in two different directions, trying to go down two different slides. Miles likes to go down the slide head first these days. They are wild. Luckily Kevin showed up to help out with these two monkeys. They were fun, it just made me rethink my desire to have twins. Haha.
Ailee has been napping a little more these days. She had me snuggle up to her on a "princess bed" she made the other day, I kept trying to get up and she told me I couldn't get up until much o'clock. I started dozing and was thinking to myself, "I like this game." Then it dawned on me that she was probably falling asleep too. Sure enough. So I bribed her to do a puzzle and she hopped right up. I wasn't so lucky yesterday when I found sleeping beauty asleep on the trampoline and almost 6pm. I moved her to her bed and she slept all night long!
The preschoolers learned about the letter F and Farms today. We took them to Brother and Sister Whitings Farm. They loved getting to help feed all the animals. Well Calum did. Ailee liked feeding the chickens, but the horses and cows I think were a little too big. They made her nervous. But these kiddos were so cute.
The kiddos are missing their daddy. Ailee was crying tonight as she went to bed because she "missed daddy." It was the cutest. Calum talked with Kevin on the phone the other day and when he hung up he said, "That was a good talk. I like dad. He plays football with me." Love you Kev! Thanks for working so hard for us! Hoping they harvest them quick so we can get back to spending time with our awesome dad.












No comments:
Post a Comment