You guys, I have a five year old!! Yup, Calum's birthday was this week and there was no shortage of partying.
On his birthday, he requested waffles for breakfast. We took cupcakes to his preschool. These minion cupcakes were a hit. And the kids made him a birthday book, so he was feeling pretty special.
Kevin and me took him to lunch at Chik-fil-a. He was pretty pumped to get some lemonade and play on the toys. He requested to go to Cabela's after. when we got there he asked if he could just walk wherever he wanted in the store and have me follow him. He was pretty stoked to have no agenda and get to wander as he pleased :)
He spent some of his birthday money on a toy bow and arrow and some candy. Miles and Ailee both fell asleep on the way home so I got to spend some one on one time shooting arrows with Calum. He really can be the sweetest. We finished the night off with another rounds of waffles per his request. Haha.
The next day we got to go get ice cream with cousins. Eva came to visit and we loved getting to spend time with her.
It was registration for kindergarten!!! So Calum and me went and met with some of the staff, they tested him a bit with letters, numbers, colors and rhyming. He did so good sitting and listening and doing what they asked. They gave him a shirt, a book and a cookie. He was pretty bummed that he wasn't starting kindergarten the next day. Haha. I think he's excited.
On Saturday we had a little party for Calum. He invited a couple friends and all his younger cousins. It was wild.
The calm before the storm.
I had them make their own treat bags when they got there. We played "Don't eat Bob (Pete)," Pin the hat on the minion, and toss the banana in the minions mouth. We had cupcakes, opened presents and then I'm pretty sure we still had like 45 minutes left over. So they ran wild, ate their treats and played with Calum's new toys. I think it was a smashing success :) I like planning parties. So fun.
Calum's favorite present was the Skylander Superchargers Starter pack ( a video game) "from dad." I told him it was from both of us and he said, "Dad gave it to me." Hahaha. He's been asking for this game since we moved here. We kept getting away with just getting him the figures, bit he told me he wanted the game. He was pumped. I think Kevin likes it a little too. (He's playing it right now as I blog in fact. Haha)
I was feeling the crafting bug this week. I made some bows for my friends babies, A wreath, went to a flower making workshop and helped my friend Jess so her first dress. Turned out pretty cute if you ask me. Good work Jess!
I got a hand stand push up today at CrossFit! Whaat? I was so excited.
Its been freezing this week and the cold I had got passed to Ailee and Miles. So we've kind of been laying low. But that hasn't stopped these crazy kids from being just as fun as ever.
Dressing up her younger brother like a big sister would. We were calling them Isla and Myla. Haha.
Sweetest boy. He's been doing this slide thing on the ground, it's hilarious, I can never get a video of it, but it's funny.
Matching outfits for the girls. Finley has one too but we never got a pic of all four.
Matching daddy.
Making messes and cleaning the shower.
Checking out the hail
Ailee wanting to feed Miles. Haha.
So crazy Calum is five! Happy Birthday buddy. Love these kids of mine!































No comments:
Post a Comment