Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It's Snowing in the Summer!

OK, I know May 12th isn't summertime but still... it should not be snowing! In Horton Hears a Who the movie, they say,"It's snowing in the summer!" Calum would always quote it. I found it fitting to title this blog post that because it snowed a ton yesterday!! Kevin said maybe 10 inches!

Ironically Kevin got his order of flowers in yesterday too and was supposed to have a group come help plant. Haha. Now his shop is packed to the brim with flowers. Haha.

Pretty awesome right. I'm trying to recall what we did this week and I'm drawing a blank...
Kevin's parents got their mission call!!! They are headed to Tacoma Washington in less than a month!! They will be serving at the Fort Lewis military base and are oh so excited! We got to video chat with them while they opened their call so that was pretty exciting!

Oh yes, and Mothers Day of course. Kevin asked me what I wanted to eat for Mothers day. This was my response. Haha. 

And what do you know, Kevin pulled through for me. Bacon for breakfast and lunch along with this cute book he made me.

(one year my mom's new years resolution was to eat more bacon, so yes I think I am definitely her daughter. Haha) 
These pictures are horrible but Calum and Ailee were looking way too cute on Sunday.

We went to our friends house for dinner Sunday night and Kevin was in charge of bringing a dessert. He brought strawberry shortcake and decided to go the extra mile by whipping up some fresh whipping cream. He literally tried to hand whip it. After about ten minutes he realized that that wasn't going to work so he upgraded to the hand mixer. Unfortunately the bowl wasn't big enough. Haha. Needless to say it was eventful. Sad I didn't witness it firsthand.

 Other than that it was a pretty typical week. Teasing Ailee.

Riding tractors

Using sheets as hair cutting capes.

Playing with toys

Admiring Ailee's rolls. Or as my brother says,"Those aren't rolls, that's a whole loaf of bread!" I died!! Hahaha

Sewing

 Getting fat lips, (poor girl slid on a magnet in the kitchen and fell right on her face)

Hiding

Snuggling

And all in all just having a good time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment