Wednesday, July 10, 2013

We love America!

4th of July, 2 Firework shows, Trip to Colorado Springs... Brace yourself, there are A LOT of pictures this week!


We went to the Independence Eve Celebration downtown, with the Huish family and had a blast! The Colorado Symphony played and they light the fireworks from the courthouse. We were so close I got hit in the face with a chunk of firework! Not to much harm just a little scrape, but the rest of the show I feared for my life a little bit :) Calum loved leading the music with his glow stick and Jammin out to some Neil Diamond



On the Fourth we BBQ'd with some friends. It didn't take long for the babies to find the fountain and drench themselves. They had fun running around in their diapers the rest of the day.




 That night we went and watched the people, I mean fireworks :) We were able to see three different shows from a park right by our house. Calum "oooo-ed" and "ahhhh-ed" and was sure to let us know that he loved the fire works!


Over the weekend, I drug Kevin down to Colorado Springs to check out their zoo. Calum was really excited to "Go see the Africas!" Kevin wasn't too sure at first about making the trek, but quickly had his mind changed. We spent the day huffing and puffing around the United States only Mountain Zoo... it is definitely mountainous. Maybe a little too mountainous for super-pregs over here ;) But still super cool.


We really liked feeding the giraffes!





Some random shots.





Calum, hanging out with the mountain lions.



And getting up close an personal with these other animals as well! I like his face when he's petting the "Koala-bee" Haha.



Riding the chairlift for a birds eye view of the zoo! Waiting in line.



Kevin and Calum showing off their mad rock climbing skills.


Calum biffed it pretty good, but as soon as I put a "rubber-band-aid" on he got really excited and said "I'm all better mom!!"


What's a trip to Colorado Springs without a trip to Rudy's?? Kevin was so happy we made the trek :)


We were even graced by a double rainbow!! :)


 The many faces of Calum...



 


 
 And what's a post without sharing his naughtiness... 
We caught him with dad's razor trying to shave!! Scary. Glad these little rashes were all that happened.


And he colored all over the table, himself, and even attempted to eat the marker :)


We sure love our Calum. And we sure love America! Happy birthday U S of A!


1 comment: